PDA

View Full Version : still got anxiety still off work

wigglywoo12
06-09-10, 10:55
hi folks

been 4 weeks now since anx went bad quick update 2 weeks ago i went and saw my gp i dont have a regular one there is 3 and only one is good out of them.anyway i saw one of the idiots i told him i was still feeling terrible,derpersonalization was raging at that point so he upped my meds of citalopram from 30mg to 40mg and set me up with cbt which i asked for he never bothered asking me anything else. when i got round to telling him i was not ready for work he pulled his face and was not one bit happy about giving me a fit note stating that cbt would be about 2 months away and that i would be better going back to work(how dare he)just because i dont go in huddled over complaining about back pain or limping in saying i cant walk dosent mean there is nothing wrong with me to be honest i dont think he gets anxiety at all anyway he gave me the fit note for 2 weeks and put a phased return to work afterwards being today.
last thursday dp was still rampant felt awful thought i was losing it so i went back to gp and asked to see the decent one in which i did he was very sympathetic as always he changed my meds to escitalopram on my request signed me off for 2 weeks and asked me to go and see him in 2 weeks it felt so much better having a gp who understood what i was going through.he asked about symtoms i was having how long they had lasted for if i was self harming (which im not) the works) he was very good.anyone else have trouble with clueless gps?

thankyou

sharon35
06-09-10, 11:10
Im glad you have found a good doc now.
My docs fine ive been off work for 5 weeks this is my 6th week and im very anxious about going back to work next week.

xx