PDA

View Full Version : 30mg mirtazapine working for me :)

ktloubish
06-09-10, 12:32
been upped last thrsday fro 15mg to 30mg n it seems to be starting to kick after 3weeks , in im not having to take my diazapam as much as i was hopefully this will be the beginning of getting my life bk fingers crossed lol
kt x

MadJam
07-09-10, 20:07
That's really good to hear!! :yesyes:

JT69
09-09-10, 12:19
Hi,

Thats great news!! I know that when I increased to 30mg a while ago it also really helped me get into a much better place. May it continue....have you gained any weight?? Just out of interest.

Jo.xx

ktloubish
10-09-10, 08:35
yep i put on half a stone , it made me incredibly hungry especially for sweet things lol

kt xx

ElizabethJane
11-09-10, 18:22
Dear Ktloubish I'm glad that 30mg is working for you. Mirtazapine is notorious for weight gain and I am struggling to lose weight whilst still taking that and lithium. I have been on my diet for two weeks and have lost nothing. I'm not discouraged because I feel a lot better and I have lost weight whilst being on it before and I've exercised. I was on 30mg for ages until my psychiatrist upped the dose to 45mg. It is really finding the balance and the right meds for you. Take care EJ.

Springsteen10
13-09-10, 20:42
Good to hear it's working for you, ktloubish.

I've been taking mirtazapine (30g) for about four weeks now. I have to say that the weight gain aspect is really getting me down. Gym membership for me in the next few weeks, methinks (if I can force myself to go through with it).