PDA

View Full Version : Citalopram - 6weeks

Badchip
01-03-06, 02:28
Hey there.

Ive been taking 20mg of citalopram for 6weeks and ive been through alot of changes. The first week i felt very sick and in a total daze, abit like drunkness, felt very uneasy indeed. The sickness cleared and i just felt in a daze lacking energy but that was more then likely still the anxiety. I was very tired also. Then the anxiety got worse. Blamed the tablets as the anxiety did seem more 'artificial' then normal which isnt easy to explain. It would come without warning and very suddenly. Had this through week 3, then at week 4 it went and i did start to notice some improvements. But i kept having a few manic mental spells. Just not thinking clearly, no one would ever notice how my mind was working, but everything felt slightly sped up and foggy and out of control. I was almost panicing in my head but getting no physical symptom. Then i fell ill with a stomach virus. I started to just notice my head feeling wierd. More wierd then i could recall before the tablets. Not dizzy, not lighthead... maybe abit like i was going to fall down? Abit like the manic head but without the manic thinking. And now i havnt had an anxiety attack for weeks which is great. But my head seems to have 'bad spells' where i feel like im going to fall, spins a little and i hate it. Worry about fainting suddenlt. Could this be the tablets effect on my head? Because without the anxiety, maybe when i get these spells i would normally shake, get fast heart rate etc etc... but i dont... i just spin abit! Its affecting my everyday life though and even though im better i still think ack what if my heart is messed up because i do suffer with health anxiety.

Has anyone else has this or have an explanation? Not sure what to do i just hope it clears because i really hate the feeling. I just think at this stage the tablets shouldnt be doing this stuff and its mad that they are and it freaks me out a little.

Thanks for any help!
xxx

Never say never, opps said it twice..

criz
01-03-06, 11:58
hello chip

i was taking citalopram for around 6 months and i experienced exactly the same, the anxiety seemed more in my head than physically presenting itself, and i would wander around feeling dazed and confused and it severely affected my life.
i'd say you goto the doctor and explain that although they have helped you with anxiety, they seems to make your head feel strange and maybe the doctor can find you a better prescription or lower the one you are on.
i hope this helps

criz

btw do they make you feel as though the world is going on around you and you just happen to watching in a psychadelic kinda way ?

Badchip
02-03-06, 01:50
thank you for your response. Your right, its best I go to the doctor and explain whats going on. Im almost though at my wits end with going there and telling them about this and that. She might just nod her head and do nothing. Im desparate for this to go. Right now its making me mad! I was casually walking downstairs and suddenly my legs feel like jelly my heads a-spin. My vision is fine whilst its going on just feels like in my head is spinning or im going to fall, almost what i might imagine a vertigo kind of sensation but very very mild. Sometimes get a slight headache, sometimes get joint ache and just feel like jelly in general. I check my pulse because i do it compulsively with my anxiety and its fine, its not irregular beating strong and steady. Which is some relief. And if i concentrate and use my limbs there doesnt seem to be any weakness even though they feel jelly like.

I think if now my tabs are working and doing this i shouldn't be on them. Like you said i should maybe try and change what im taking.

But could this problem be unrelated to the tabs? I'll never know.

I had that sensation a few weeks ago the kind of just watching and everything in motion seemed psychodelic but it has worn off for the time being.

Thank again!
xxx

Never say never, opps said it twice..