PDA

View Full Version : Hi All (My story)

ZMan
07-09-10, 00:58
Hi everyone, how are we all?

Just signed up so new to the forum, I'm an 18 year old male from Glasgow, Scotland.

Basically over the past couple of months anxiety has really affected me, I'll go into a bit of detail regarding my 'story'. *After typing it all out, i'll apologise here for making it long but it felt good to type it all out.

I've always been a bit of a natural worrier, one of those people who always fears the worst possible scenario, to the point where I always think of consequences and the like.
So this summer I left college in late May, got an A in my final exam and hence got accepted into univeristy, which commences in a couple of weeks. At the start of summer, I was very unsuccessful in finding a job so I spent many days in June and July without any routine whatsoever, at home in my room on the computer, sleeping late and waking up late. on occasion there was days where I wouldn't go out whatsoever. It was at this point where I started to feel a bit 'not right' (without really knowing how to explain it).

So anyway I think it was late June/early July when I accidentally swallowed a bit of metal and thought I was gonna die as a result. Ended up in the emergency room ,they checked me and made sure everything was ok, turned out I wasn't gonan die. Anyway, over the next few nights lying in bed at night I'd feel that my throat was closing up and I'd think it was still in there and that would set me off worrying - heart racing, throat closing (I thought), feeling of dread in stomach and the like. I phoned NHS 24 that night and the women I spoke to said it sounded most definitely like an anxiety attack.
However, after much reassurance, I most definitely managed to get rid of that feeling in my head that whatever I swallowed was still stuck in there and after a couple of weeks I totally forgot abotu the metal.

However, while that was totally gone and hasn't worried me to this day, I noticed that soon after, those symptoms that I had the night that my symptoms were described as an anxiety attack were still with me. Mostly at night-time when I lay in bed to sleep. My first visit to the doctors was at this point to complain about the lump in my throat that I felt during most of the day, she checked myself out, took a swab and put me in for a blood test.
The night before I had the blood test was my worst night, I think it turned into a full panic attack, ran downstairs at 4/5am heart gonig at 100mph, my self shaking badly convinced I was going to die. My parents managed to calm me down and we didn't have to go to hospital. On the day of the blood test I spoke to a doctor again and she said just to try and calm myself, read self-help books and tire myself out more.

Blood tests came back fine. However, the swab showed a minor yeast/thrush infection for my throat so I was given drops for that. Took them over the past few days but recently I've noticed (or convinced myself I have) a sore stomach and 'heartburn' after eating as well as the throat prolems associated with both acid reflux and yeast infection.
Recently I've read that yeast infection/candida, (my only confirmed 'condition', although a minor case it appears) GERD (Acid Reflux) and anxiety are all/can be related, and come about as a result of each other.

I'd most definitely say I have anxiety based symptoms, for weeks/months I've struggled to sleep before 3am, and sometimes on my way out such as in the train I get a bit of a feeling of dread and tell myself to turn back (which I never have so far) and I always always ensure to keep my inhaler by my side at all times even though I've not had to use it for years.

Today I started trainnig for a new job and in the office when our mentor was speaking I was thinknig to myself "I can't do this"/"My throats closing over, I should run out for a drink".....
My family know I've been worked up/suffered form panic recently but I've not straight told them "I think I'm suffering from anxiety".

My doctor last week put me on Omneprazole for Acid Reflux, and I was confirmed with having a minor yeast infection so I was wondering if anybody has also been down this road and would like to share their info.

Also, was just wondering/seeking some advice/reassurance regarding the anxiety.

Thanks.
Z

PS apologies again for the long post and no doubt the spelling errors.

diane07
07-09-10, 01:02
Hi ZMan

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

choices
07-09-10, 01:06
Hi everyone, how are we all?

Just signed up so new to the forum, I'm an 18 year old male from Glasgow, Scotland.

Basically over the past couple of months anxiety has really affected me, I'll go into a bit of detail regarding my 'story'. *After typing it all out, i'll apologise here for making it long but it felt good to type it all out.

I've always been a bit of a natural worrier, one of those people who always fears the worst possible scenario, to the point where I always think of consequences and the like.
So this summer I left college in late May, got an A in my final exam and hence got accepted into univeristy, which commences in a couple of weeks. At the start of summer, I was very unsuccessful in finding a job so I spent many days in June and July without any routine whatsoever, at home in my room on the computer, sleeping late and waking up late. on occasion there was days where I wouldn't go out whatsoever. It was at this point where I started to feel a bit 'not right' (without really knowing how to explain it).

So anyway I think it was late June/early July when I accidentally swallowed a bit of metal and thought I was gonna die as a result. Ended up in the emergency room ,they checked me and made sure everything was ok, turned out I wasn't gonan die. Anyway, over the next few nights lying in bed at night I'd feel that my throat was closing up and I'd think it was still in there and that would set me off worrying - heart racing, throat closing (I thought), feeling of dread in stomach and the like. I phoned NHS 24 that night and the women I spoke to said it sounded most definitely like an anxiety attack.
However, after much reassurance, I most definitely managed to get rid of that feeling in my head that whatever I swallowed was still stuck in there and after a couple of weeks I totally forgot abotu the metal.

However, while that was totally gone and hasn't worried me to this day, I noticed that soon after, those symptoms that I had the night that my symptoms were described as an anxiety attack were still with me. Mostly at night-time when I lay in bed to sleep. My first visit to the doctors was at this point to complain about the lump in my throat that I felt during most of the day, she checked myself out, took a swab and put me in for a blood test.
The night before I had the blood test was my worst night, I think it turned into a full panic attack, ran downstairs at 4/5am heart gonig at 100mph, my self shaking badly convinced I was going to die. My parents managed to calm me down and we didn't have to go to hospital. On the day of the blood test I spoke to a doctor again and she said just to try and calm myself, read self-help books and tire myself out more.

Blood tests came back fine. However, the swab showed a minor yeast/thrush infection for my throat so I was given drops for that. Took them over the past few days but recently I've noticed (or convinced myself I have) a sore stomach and 'heartburn' after eating as well as the throat prolems associated with both acid reflux and yeast infection.
Recently I've read that yeast infection/candida, (my only confirmed 'condition', although a minor case it appears) GERD (Acid Reflux) and anxiety are all/can be related, and come about as a result of each other.

I'd most definitely say I have anxiety based symptoms, for weeks/months I've struggled to sleep before 3am, and sometimes on my way out such as in the train I get a bit of a feeling of dread and tell myself to turn back (which I never have so far) and I always always ensure to keep my inhaler by my side at all times even though I've not had to use it for years.

Today I started trainnig for a new job and in the office when our mentor was speaking I was thinknig to myself "I can't do this"/"My throats closing over, I should run out for a drink".....
My family know I've been worked up/suffered form panic recently but I've not straight told them "I think I'm suffering from anxiety".

My doctor last week put me on Omneprazole for Acid Reflux, and I was confirmed with having a minor yeast infection so I was wondering if anybody has also been down this road and would like to share their info.

Also, was just wondering/seeking some advice/reassurance regarding the anxiety.

Thanks.
Z

PS apologies again for the long post and no doubt the spelling errors.

Imagine in your head there are two balls, a red ball and blue ball. Each ball when picked up acts in a different way. The red ball can 'only' act negatively and the blue ball can 'only' act positively. It is 'impossible' for either ball to act in any other way, the same way that it impossible for you to hear music with your eyes.

Now imagine that before you do anything like move, speak, think,walk, breath anything that involves you taking some sort of action these two balls appear in your head.

Now before moving forward with your chosen action the brain requires you to pick one ball. There is no choice in this game nature has designed you to pick one or the other. But don't worry no one ball is harder to lift , each ball is lifted as simply as the other, 'with ease' , its simple 'you pick', 'you get'!!!

The problem with anxiety is that it makes you feel you are unable to have a choice in this game, which couldn't be more wrong. 'Understand' that your emotions, senses, brain and body were designed to work with and protect you ,they are your closest Allies. There is nothing on this planet that is more able to give you what you require to have a good natural life!!!

So once you choose which ball you want the brain instructs the body to act in the way you have chosen. The brain doesn't care which choice you make it doesn't hold grudges against you it does exactly what you tell it to do 100% of the time, it responds to your commands and yours only!!!

This is not a joke or just a guess, it is fact!!! For example i am unable to flick a pen across the room unless i choose to. The pen will go no where unless i pick it up and throw it!!!

You may think that you are not able to follow this information or use it but the fact is that you just have, maybe without even knowing. Every single thing you do, absolutely everything no matter how small from blinking , crying, smiling, dancing, reading, reading each single word, with each individual letter that you read, your brain makes a decision, a choice and then tells the body how to respond to that choice.

These choices can happen without us even knowing these choices are called instinct. A choice that you have previously made is stored as a memory the more memories you store the more instinctive the task becomes. Once a task you have seen before arises a choice of options appear in your brain some are negative some are positive each one holds the feelings and emotions that you felt the last time and all the other times that this task appeared.

So basically what i'm trying to say is that the way you feel is chosen by you, nothing else can make that choice, only you. Remember one ball [choice] is no harder to choose than the other like lifting your right or left arm they both respond on your command.

With anxiety these two balls [choices] appear in some cases every second of everyday so much so you find it hard to choose so often. This is because you are not really choosing!!! in fact you are stalling the choice process and if you don't choose quick enough the brain responds for you in 'one way' only to protect you.

If you pick a hot plate up while not paying attention your brain gives you a split second to choose if this is 'really' want you want to be holding if you don't 'respond' it will assume you would want to make the same choice as last time and drop the plate, yet it is clearly possible to hold a hot plate for as long as you choose, say some one offered a million pounds to you to hold it you would right?, and as long as with each time a choice appeared in your brain you chose 'yes' to keep holding the plate, it cannot be dropped!!!

So to overcome any anxiety or fear simple choose the 'blue positive ball' once the choice is made your body does the rest and responds once again to your command to give you exactly what you need to deal with your choice, big or small!! The most important thing is to CHOOSE, don't pretend to actually do it!!!

Its so important to remember that you may be confronted with these choices
many many times before you feel safe enough to not choose and allow your brain to simple do it for you!!! It needs to no for certain that without question this will always be the choice you want to make in order to protect you!!!
Once it nows this it wont ask you again!!

If you only choose 'positive' you 'cannot' feel 'negative' it is impossible the only way this can happen is when the choice appears again you choose the wrong one or don't choose!!! Its so simple pick and stick!

You cannot feel anxious unless you choose to trust me!!! Choose positively and you will be cured from the moment you do!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

ktloubish
07-09-10, 08:46
hiya i suffer from panic disorder i have a panic attack nearly every day one lasted over 4 days and i was on the verge of suicide i lost control of my mind i thought i would have to be sectioned luckily i didnt n my minds bk 2 normal or at least as normal as it can be lol by having support from friends and family and medication i take 30mg of mirtazaplan and 2mg of diazepam 4times aday at the moment , ive been on this for 3wks and im starting 2 improve
jus want u 2 know ur nt alone
ever need a chat im here pm me?
ktlou bish x

Veronica H
07-09-10, 10:37
:yesyes:Great post choices.

Veronicax

Veronica H
07-09-10, 10:39
:welcome:Zman. Glad that you have found us. The information on the left of this page will give you reassurance. This will get better.

Veronicax

ZMan
07-09-10, 12:54
Thanks everyone for your very helpful replies, good to know I'm not alone.
Together, we are strong.

Vanilla Sky
07-09-10, 14:34
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x