PDA

View Full Version : Skin feels like its burning...

psyren2201
07-09-10, 10:34
My first post... Wahey.

Im surprised to find myself on this forum since lately I have not noticed any of my panic/anxiety symptoms... But heyho I have been a long sufferer of manic-ness so maybe I have some way to go yet...

Enough about me. I was wondering can anyone help with advise on why I have a sunburnt-like feeling (it comes and goes) on my skin, tho I have not been out in the sun for months...?

I have applied buckets of moisturiser but its not helped! When I Googled I found it could be linked to anxiety although as I mentioned before I have not been having any of my episodes that I can recognise...

Could it be linked to something else? Any ideas? Should I go to the doctor? :unsure:

angels22165
07-09-10, 11:53
Hi, I too have this burning sensation at the moment on my arms and upper body, GP reassures me it is anxiety :)

MidnightCalm
07-09-10, 11:54
I had it all over my body once, it was horrible, sometimes I'd get it really bad in bed where I was touching the covers and I felt like I was literally burning, it's horrible :/ Sometimes I think of it as the adrenaline finding a way to escape so I need to do exercise but it doesn't really help :/

psyren2201
07-09-10, 15:51
'"Reassures" me its anxiety' - LOL. You know Im not laughing really but its funny in its own weird way ;)

sjr1969
07-09-10, 20:57
i get this. not nice x

sarah x

Granny Primark
07-09-10, 21:21
I suffered with a bright red rash and a feeling of burning 2 years ago. My doc said it was nervous psorisi

Fuzzyskwerl
22-03-15, 22:37
Hi all,

I've been having similar symptoms this last two months and it really is driving me mad.

About a 4 months ago I started feeling confused and dizzy, this was not nice as I love cycling and just couldn't get on my bike without feeling like I would fall over. After this I started getting pins and needles in my arms and legs. At this time I was on statins for cholesterol which the doctor took me off as he said this could cause that. About a month later I developed only what feels like a permanent sunburn together with the confusion and it comes in waves at times. It's strange to describe but my face, hands neck and arms look partially sunburnt.

Had a bunch of blood tests, sti tests and an MRI and all of them came out clean. The doctors / have now put me on nortryptiline for anxiety because that's what they think it is. I disagree with them but at this stage I don't know what to do anymore. Does anyone have any idea of what I could look for to help. I can't go on going back to these GPs who don't care about what is wrong with you and just want to push you out the door with an antidepressant. :weep::weep::lac::wacko::doh::shrug::huh:

mnaha
23-03-15, 06:55
I get this from time to time..its anxiety as far as I know..

jessicalittler79
29-03-15, 23:03
I am haven the same symptom right now whole body feels hit like I am stuck in a heater nothing helps ,after awhile I'll get cold chills like my body is trying to cool it's self down very awful feeling

swgrl09
29-03-15, 23:24
I had this while I had a virus several years ago. It freaked me out, exactly like you said - felt like a sunburn but I hadn't been outside (it was around this time of year too). It went away when my virus went.

Ange1
30-03-15, 18:19
When I'm very anxious I get this too. Often in my middle back,not nice. It's the nerves being over sensitive I was told x