PDA

View Full Version : Hello from Cyprus!

psyren2201
07-09-10, 11:36
Hi,
Im here to remind myself that I can overcome anxiety and do not have to panic anymore!! (Easier said than done!)

Actually recently its not been so bad, since I moved from London to Cyprus with my lovely boyfriends who's posted here with the RAF.

I joined today looking for some sympton advise but have found the site far more useful than I could have expected and realised I forgot just how many people deal and live with anxiety/panic issues like myself.

Unfortunately I've been a long-suffer of depressed and manic moods which I've had since I was quite little but it wasnt until last year that I started to experience quite aggresive panic attacks to the point of passing out. Since then my anxiety has mainly been that of fearing another panic attack, especially in a public place!! It made going to work on the Tube a nightmare and even going out with friends was a problem. I was petrified of putting 'bad' things into my body including alcohol, sugar, caffeine, niccotine, staying up too late.

Anyway these days I am far better and I owe a lot to my boyfriend who really helped realise that a lot of the things I was worrying about (and still do) were in most cases, imagined!!

I get sweaty palms now and again and I still have a excruciating fear/paranoia of hangovers but on those days I tend to just hide under the duvet and sleep it off and Im led to believe thats normal in most peoples' case anyway :winks:

Well there you go, prob nowt you havent heard before but thats me and so I bid you a good and non-anxious day!! :yahoo:

diane07
07-09-10, 11:38
Hi psyren2201

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
07-09-10, 14:25
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x