PDA

View Full Version : DLA renewal form

kittykat
07-09-10, 14:53
Well just got this through the post today...a lovely thick booklet with a host of questions that are basically asking the same thing over and over again!! The thing is my award isnt up until the middle of January im on high rate mobility and middle rate care and was lucky to get it first time , but they are asking for me to fill it in and send it back I was just wondering if anyone has had to fill in a renewal form ....im just really scared in case it gets rejected as nothing has changed with me at all , still on my crutches and in a lot of pain with arthritis and discs . With renewals is a medical from their doctor a certainty as ive heard so many horror stories , just really stressed with it all now !! And if it was rejected would my money that i was awarded till january stop straight away......just with this new government clamping down on things its got me really worried and am trying to cover all bases :((

maybeoneday
07-09-10, 15:52
hi
can you get to a citizens advise beaurau they could help you fill it in, i think if its not due for renewal till january i wouldnt send it in before then as they will look at it and they will stop your money straight away if they think you arent elegible for it anymore.
my husband has ankylosing spondilitus and he is in pain everyday, also cant bend etc he was denied any dla, we took it to apeal and they gave him low rate care only... no mobility even though hes in agony every step he takes, as you have got no changes you should still be able to recieve it. but i know what you mean about the forms they do go over and over the same questions.

kittykat
07-09-10, 16:12
Thanks for that..... sorry to hear that your husband didn't get the mobility component cant understand that , they really do contradict theirselves an awful lot....im not too bothered about the care rate its more the mobility one i need ,have you not thought about appealing it again. It really is a nightmare but i dont think i'll send it in at the moment cause thats what im scared of happening if they deny me it and then stop my money .

ladybird64
07-09-10, 21:58
Thanks for that..... sorry to hear that your husband didn't get the mobility component cant understand that , they really do contradict theirselves an awful lot....im not too bothered about the care rate its more the mobility one i need ,have you not thought about appealing it again. It really is a nightmare but i dont think i'll send it in at the moment cause thats what im scared of happening if they deny me it and then stop my money .

Hiya :)

I agree that is a good idea to get someone from the CAB to help you fill out the form but just wanted to add a note of caution.

I have 2 daughters who receive DLA, the one who lives away from home has mental health problems. She sent her form in back in July but was warned that at the moment there is anything up to a 12 week wait to process the renewals.

Maybe it would be an idea to call the DLA people and ask them why you are being required to send in your forms ages before they run out?

I would definitely not delay in seeing the CAB though, better to get it all sorted out now.

Good luck :flowers:

Maj
07-09-10, 22:20
I have a son who receives DLA. His was also cut recently. Then he got a visit from a doctor who goes to people's homes and asks questions. It's as though he has to justify having a chronic illness that will never get any better and hasn't changed since they awarded him the higher rate :shrug: As you say, your situation hasn't changed but still they can cut it if they want to. The renewal form is like having the Gestapo shining a torch in your face, questioning your every want and need!! It's pathetic and so unfair to genuine cases. Please get help to complete your form and also, if the rate changes, then appeal. It's only when my son did this previously that he got a higher rate. One which he was definitely entitled to. Although it's been cut again:lac: :hugs: