PDA

View Full Version : Just had a very strange experience

MrBlue
07-09-10, 18:43
I suffer from anxiety and IBS and Basically I was running about my house kicking a mini football around and ran fast back upstairs into my room and when I sat down I felt my heart beating hard against my chest, I know this is normal but it was pretty damn hard, I also felt my chest go really tight and kind of sore when I took in a deep breath and I went a little light headed, it didn't last long about 10 seconds and my heart is beating quite fast now 100 BPM! I know it's not a panic attack but I've never had it before?

I went to the doctor yesterday about my stress and told him I keep worrying about my heart and stomach the most and he said that I'm young and perfectly healthy and not to worry, he felt around my stomach and listened to my heartbeat.

What was this?!

calm
07-09-10, 19:02
hi mr blue

i have crohns so i understand about ibs also...i think maybe it was probably an anxiety/panic episode....but i am sure someone will know.

hope you are doing ok now xxxx love tracey xxxx

MrBlue
07-09-10, 19:04
hi calm, thanks for the response, yeah it was really weird, i've been given some tablets called colofac for my IBS to clean my stomach or something, have you ever had to take these?

liam x

MrBlue
07-09-10, 21:02
does anyoine else know what happened?

PokerFace
08-09-10, 02:09
You're more in tune to your heart now you're worried about it. I also have anxiety centred around my heart and I notice EVERY little sensation in my chest and any changes in my heart rate.

My guess is you felt your heart going that hard in your chest and it caused a mini panic because heart worries are drilled into your subconcious at the moment. Before all this anxiety you would have barely noticed it as it is completely normal for it to go that hard after running around.

MrBlue
08-09-10, 02:13
hi pokerface, yeah you're right, i'm constantly checking my pulse and feeling my chest, every pain i get i feel nervous about! it's horrible despite my doctor telling me i'm healthy!!

joannap
08-09-10, 17:52
i think this was slight palpatations that did not feel like a panic. if i get out of a really hot bath i sometimes get this - heart racing and a slight constricting/burning feeling in chest plus light headedness. mine too lasts for around 10-20 seconds - nothing to worry about xx

MrBlue
08-09-10, 17:56
thanks joanna, yeah i have it when i get out the shower sometimes but that time it was quite bad :( i was put on propranolol for my palpitations actually but i have asthma so they took me off