PDA

View Full Version : Constant Headaches

helpme12345
07-09-10, 19:52
Hi i am i have been suffering from constant headaches for about 3 months and i am admittedly a hypochondriac. I am basically scared that i have a brain tumor, my headaches are best in the morning and build up throughout the day and subside just before bed. But all i want to know is that my headaches did subside for a few weeks recently before coming back now. Is it possible that i may be serious if they did subside.

katrinax
07-09-10, 20:04
Sorry to hear your going through this.
I know if I had a constant headache - days on end, it would make me lose the plot.

Have u tried getting your eyes tested? The opticians can always detect if there is anything wrong.
Maybe before bed - put a cold sponge or flannel on your forehead and suck on ice. I know it may sound daft, but I tried this a couple of days ago, and it worked.

You say they went and then came back.. Were you occupied by other things by any chance? Maybe where you're thinking about it all the time and worrying - its causing the pain to be more severe..

Do you have glasses? Do you use the computer alot? It could be alot of things.

I would go to the opticians just to keep your mind at ease.

Take care x

joannap
08-09-10, 17:54
if it was serious then the would not have subsided. i too suffered with headaches all the time but mine was for 3 years lol! and katrinax - you do cope because you have too lol. i remember begging for a brain scan and they gave me prozac! the wierd fact is that pain is often the least common symptom of a brain tumour - what you are describing is classic tension headache x