PDA

View Full Version : Can stress/anxiety cause chest pains?

MrBlue
07-09-10, 21:26
I've started getting chest pains, just below my left pectoral, they and kind of a sharp stinging sensation.

Also when I go for a run to ease anxiety it is abruptly put to an end by a dull ache on the right side of my chest and a pain in my throat, does that mean I'm unfit or something wrong with me?!

MrBlue
08-09-10, 01:47
anyone help?????

worry_bunny
08-09-10, 01:51
I have seen quite a few posts on here from people suffering with chest pains so I definitely think that anxiety can cause them. If your concerned then maybe take a trip to the docs so they can put your mind at rest :)

Im not an expert on the subject but I just didnt want you to think that people were ignoring your post lol

worry_bunny
08-09-10, 01:52
Just seen that theres a bit on chest pain here if you scroll down a bit hope it helps :)
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/articles/symptoms/

MrBlue
08-09-10, 01:55
hi worry bunny, thanks for the reply :) I went to the doctors yesterday and very briefly mentioned chest pains and he didn't seem concerned, he listened to everything on my torso and said my heartbeat is regular and stomach is nice and soft, i left feeling relieved but now i feel worried again, im glad that its related though thanks x

MrBlue
08-09-10, 02:11
that informtation page really put my mind at rest, i literally can relate to every single symptom on there! hopefully my counselling and gym sessions can help me get back to normal :)

pete24
08-09-10, 16:59
do you worry [like me ]about the same few things or do things change continually?life can become like a checklist....ticking things off to check

MrBlue
08-09-10, 23:00
yes pete, it's taking over my life, every single day i worry about SOMETHING, recently it's been my heart

josparks
08-09-10, 23:05
sounds like health anxiety hun i get it

pete24
09-09-10, 10:29
the worst ones are when you cant see or do anthing about[internal]

MoonlightFire
09-09-10, 10:33
The chest pains I was getting a few week ago were definitely a mixture of minor muscle strain and anxiety. As soon as I stopped worrying about them they went away! I seem to be very adept at creating pains in my body...especially chest and stomach area.

pete24
09-09-10, 10:40
ignore last message [misleading]i meant to say some of my problems are dealt with easier than othes.....eg i can feel my testicles for days and not be happy about finding anything but bowel problems are usually till i can go again...hope thats clear to you as i know the wrong word from someone can cause havoc