PDA

View Full Version : virus or something more serious? = WORRY

deanwebley
08-09-10, 09:14
Hello there,

ihave suffered with health anxiety since my teen years and a new illness to me is really scaring me.

4 days ago i started getting the following symptoms; Fever and chills, dull headache, dizziness and aches all over my body. In the last 2 days i have started getting diarrhea as well and i have no appetite.

Is this just a virus or something else? I have all sorts of things going around my head and it is really worrying me. The thing which really confuses me is that no one else i know has any of the symptoms and this includes my girlfriend who i regularly kiss, and my mother who i live with.

Please could you offer some advice, i have already booked a doctors appointment, but thats not for two days - i am worried.

Many many thanks

blueangel
08-09-10, 09:22
Hi Dean

Sorry to hear you're feeling poorly. What you're describing certainly sounds like a virus, as it's got well-defined symptoms and has come on quite quickly. If you can't get in to your doctor's for a couple of days, then by that time it may have started to clear (in which case you can cancel the appointment) or you can get the doctor to check you over.

Most viruses shift themselves in about a week, so with a bit of luck you should feel better soon anyway.

anthrokid
09-09-10, 02:45
It does sound to me like a virus, probably the flu or gastro, and it is worrying you so your anxiety will be making everything worse.

Keep yourself hydrated and get a lot of rest. The more active you are and the more you worry the worse the symptoms will be because not only will you have symptoms from the virus, but you'll also have symptoms from anxiety.

If it's the 4th day it shouldn't get much worse, it should actually start improving soon or staying the same. You'll be seeing the doctor soon which is good, hopefully you'll be on the mend by then!

Remember, keeping hydrated is the most important with any kind of virus. And you can probably take some paracetamol to ease the fever and headaches a bit.

Be strong!