PDA

View Full Version : Blood in stool

Cogsy1976
08-09-10, 09:17
Hi all, Im a 34 Male in god health generally!

About 3 weeks ago I had a bad stomach for about 3-4 days this was after eating a really garlicy meal the night before anyway I had very bad abdominal pain bad diaorrhea and blood in my stools I put this down to just the amount of time I had spent going to the loo!

ANyway today I have the same pains with diaorrhea which is mucusy and again blood in the bowl and on the paper (not everytime I go!) my stomach is also making a lot of gurgling noises and I am very gassy.

My main question really is should I be concerned? I do have piles I think as I do sometimes get an annoying itch and I have had small traces of blood on toilet paper for ages but never bothered to get them treated.

Any advice appreciated!

calm
08-09-10, 09:22
hi my love...maybe go and see your gp...just to ease your mind xxxxx or give them a call.

you have probably just strained something but it is worth getting it checked out xxxx

everglades
09-09-10, 17:04
it could be food poisoning

my daughter this, within hours of a meal, when she was small
griping pain, upset tum, mucous, traces of blood

doc gave her antibiotics said it was infection from the food - cant remember which sort now

def go to docs

Hazel B
09-09-10, 17:07
Go to the doctor, it is the only way to sort this out. We all care but are not medical. I bet it's nothing to worry about, but please make an appointment to put your mind at ease.