PDA

View Full Version : Pleasantly surprised :)

BunnyMazonas
08-09-10, 09:54
I just wanted to tell someone how happy I was, and you guys are the only ones I can tell about this!

Over the past year I've not been coping well. The meds I am on keep the worst of my crazy in check, and the counselling has been helping me deal with my past traumas, but I have just barely been holding it together.

My partner does not work, leaving me responsible for the household, and I've basically had to stay working through everything. Our financial situation has never been great, but it took a turn for the worse and I found myself unable to keep up with debts. I just couldn't physically cope and started just not opening the post because I was too scared. I didn't want to worry my other half - he's got similar problems to me, but has been homeless and never really learned to deal with financial matters, and I didn't want to worry him.

Well on Monday I came home from work feeling awful, and it turned out we'd had letters from baillifs that day. My partner IMMEDIATELY took charge. He has contacted the CCCS, the CAB and has arranged for all the debts to be transferred to his account. He liaised with all our debts in a single day, has rewritten our budget with my help and is awaiting info on potential benefits and income that he could obtain to put towards the debt repayments. He organised everything and dealt with it all so well.

This is a real achievement for my other half. He reacts poorly to stress and usually reacts to these sort of problems worse than me, but he has been like a totally different person. He's also not been at all angry with me over it; just really supportive and understanding.

I never thought he would be able to do it, but he's been amazing and it is a worry off my shoulders! A lesson for all of us; don't be afraid to ask loved ones for help, even if it is embarrassing or you don't want them to worry. They may surprise you!

diane07
08-09-10, 10:04
Thats wonderful news that your partner has handled this so well, financial worries can be so stressful, i'm glad this worry has been taken away from you and is now being dealt with.

I wish you both the very best of luck with it.

di xx