PDA

View Full Version : pseudoephedrine hydrochloride

D&K
08-09-10, 16:21
Pseudoephedrine

got these pills from the doctor a few weeks ago cause ive been unwell
after taking the for 4 days 60mg 4 times a day i took 2 extra strength
paracetamol with caffine and asprin.
so about 1hour or so later i was listing to music in headphones and i was feeling buzzing like on xtc. my pupils were dialated my genitals numb and shrunk and was really cold and shaking. after being on the phone to nhs 24 for 25mins i was told to go to my bed but ive never took them since i have thrown them away. has anyone else had problems with pills like these.

olderfella
08-09-10, 21:37
I can not work out why the doctor gave you Pseudoephedrine unless you were feeling realy down,Pseudoephedrine is a stimulant along the same structure as amphetamine so adding caffeine and asprin its not suprising you were buzzing,your genitals were numb because when you use this type of stimulents the blood doesnt seem to get to the extremities as well this is also why you felt cold and shivery.This type of stimulent is fine if you dont want to sleep and like going to raves:winks:

JaneC
08-09-10, 21:43
It's also an ingredient of many over the counter cold remedies/decongestants but IIRC it's not good to take at the same time as some antidepressants

D&K
09-09-10, 12:00
yeah im not sure why he gave me it. maybe he does not know about my previous drug history and panic attacks.