PDA

View Full Version : breathing again some 1 pls help

josparks
08-09-10, 18:34
higuys any 1 here help at all well i tend to go breathless abit i was on the up but my breathing is at it again i was very calm then suddenly felt i couldnt get my breath it was awful even deep breathing wasnt helping me i had this horrible sensation that i wasnt getting enough air ive been like this most of day the nurse checked me chest said i was gettin enough air and did a peak flow reading which she said was good she gave me ventalin incase i felt breathless again and told me to try it i still feel short of breath and scared i now think something maybe wrong with my heart i have had 2 xrays and 6 ecgs but im scared there not pickin something up cos of this horrible breathlessness and i havnt had a pa can any 1 give me some guidence pls

Maj
08-09-10, 18:55
Hi, you may not have had a panic attack but you are obviously very tense. It does sound like anxiety and this causes your chest muscles to tense up making it feel that you can't breathe right - a sort of suffocating feeling? This is so common to anxiety sufferers. I've had it myself a few times. Be reassured that it's absolutely nothing to do with your lungs or heart. You will always get enough air. Try breathing in, expanding your tummy to a count of 6, then breathing out to a count of 8. This will settle down when you are more relaxed. Don't worry, you are not alone. :hugs:

paperhanger
08-09-10, 19:13
hi jo pm me im online t

josparks
08-09-10, 19:25
have done xx

MoonlightFire
08-09-10, 19:34
Hey hon, I'm sorry you're feeling rotten. This sounds like classic anxiety! A couple of weeks ago I had been worrying about some chest pains I had and had gone for a lay down on the sofa infront of the telly. One minute I was fine and the next I felt like there was a strong elastic band around the left side of my chest!! My breathing went shallow, I felt dizzy and I got tingles all the way up both arms! I got really scared. Luckily my boyfriend was there and he took control of the situation. He got me to stand up and take deep breaths...in for a slow 4 and out for a slow 4. Then he got me out of the house and took me for a long walk. It really helped! After I'd been walking and slow breathing for 5 minutes or so I started to feel much better and soon I was back to normal!

You'll be ok hon. You've had 6 ECGs and 2 Xrays and the nurse you saw said you were ok...so you're ok :) :) It honestly sounds like anxiety. We can have all kinds of wierd things with our chests and breathing...it's normal for us and it won't hurt us.

Take care Jo :)
Moonlight Xx

josparks
08-09-10, 19:43
thanks hunny its really wiered i was just lying there and went breathless the sensation of not gettin any air i did the breathing thing but i still felt breathless so i probably panicked and hav felt weired all day since with my breathing im gettin paranoid now cos if my lungs are ok then is my heart causing the breathlessness

MoonlightFire
08-09-10, 19:53
I couldn't calm down at first and I was doing the breathing and it wasn't helping...that's why the boyfriend made me leave the house and go for a walk. You need distraction AND the breathing exercises sometimes :) It can take a long while to calm down sometimes so don't worry about that...just give yourself time and kick that negative thinking right where it hurts!!!

josparks
08-09-10, 20:24
thanks hun but i felt like this all day i ccant seem to kick it i do the breathin thing it doesnt help much i think im anxiuos abou it again i keep thinkin theres something wrong even though nurse said my lungs wrere ok i think she made me paranoid cos she said if it gets worse go gp then i think why if nohings wrong