PDA

View Full Version : Giving up coffee - get rid of visual disturbance?

johansaken
08-09-10, 20:25
Im very sensitive, to medication, to alot of things. I ve been drinkin coffee for about 10 years or so. Buried in anxiety I never reföected on caffeine being a problem. But now, when Im climbing out of hell. For real for the first time. Im giving up caffeine. Today. Right now. So from this point on I wont touch it, wont eat it, wont nothing. I hope that this will ease up my visual disturbance and more. Since I found out that caffeine can cause symptoms if you are sensitive.

I will report and tell you how it goes :) :yesyes:

sb001f8994
08-09-10, 20:49
Hi,
I suffer migraines and palps. My nurse suggested giving up chocolate or anything containing caffeine. So I gave it all up. Chocolate (which I miss the most), tea and coffee. Although my migraines have lessoned and the palps are much better I cant say for certain that this has helped or its mind over matter. I choose to believe all my efforts of becominig caffeine free have paid off!
Incidently there is caffeine in some pain relief drugs, flu remedies and some fizzy drinks.
Good luck with your war against caffeine, hope its as affective on you as it is on me.
Take care,

johansaken
10-11-10, 20:18
Allright. Heres the deal. Been on and off coffee. Off a long time. less Visual disturbance. Took a cup (2) today. Went straight to hell. Loads of visual disturbance, anxiety, worry, panicanxiety, "feel" my heart beating heavy (if you know what I mean), sweats, nervous. and again. Visual Disturbance.

I suggest that if you do drink coffee and have problems with panicanxiety and visual disturbance freakin you out, give up coffee. Panicanxiety people do not respond well to it.

My 2 cents.

rozie
10-11-10, 22:07
Yes..in my experience, if I stay off the caffeine for a while, it really effects me bigtime if I have even a small amount.

Jabz
10-11-10, 22:48
i also don't drink coffee and I am very proud of it, i tell everyone ! hahaha

johansaken
18-11-10, 10:46
Great that you have given it up. It really helps to get rid of alot of the visual disturbance. and other common symptoms

Groundhog
18-11-10, 11:46
Good call on the coffee and worth bearing in mind for others. My- mother- in- law, bless her, is guaranteed a migraine to end all migraines if she drinks coffee.

Not eating chocolate must be tough for you girls though:)

bmccartney
18-11-10, 12:33
Going to follow this. I have often thought about coffee connection. Might be time for me to pour it down the sink too! Going to switch to decaf for now and see what happens

eloise14
18-11-10, 17:41
hi johansaken, can we still have decaff?? also i have had visual disturbances for 7 mnths now and cant find info on it anywhere am so scared even had brain scan all ok!!! my vision is sometimes flickery and most of the time snowy is this what you have and is it reall down to anxiety, i also have palps and tinitus and light headed ness, would be grateful for a reply as when i saw visual disturbances i felt some hope, thanks x