PDA

View Full Version : fybromyalgia??

happyone
08-09-10, 21:55
Hi,
I looked at the forum but no post really seemed to fit mine.

I feel terribly physically unwell. I also feel terribly mentally unwell. It is a chicken and egg.

two days ago I ended up in an emergency appt as I was doubled in pain. Doc diagnosed a return, after nine years, of my irritable bowel. She gave me meds and I have taken it as prescribed. The pain has eased from excrutiating, to very painful!

However, I haven't been physically well for ages. The symptoms are building. I have a very tender scalp and interior headaches.
My neck is sore. My glands are sore. My chest is sore. My breast is sore. My abdomen from top to bottom is painful and uncomfortable. My left hand is hurting. My right knee which has been very painful for a year and improved has played up again. My left knee hurts, my left leg gave way on me.

I am so so so tired but can't sleep.

I have a mental health condition that causes mood swings and anxiety......this is suffering.

Fybromyalgia was suggested to me. I don't know. All I know is I haven't felt so physically unwell for I don't know how long.

I was at the gp 2 days ago but I am going to have to go back. This creates huge anxiety cos I am in between GP's and I need someone I can trust.

Happyone
xx

drewzilla
08-09-10, 22:26
I've been suffering really badly with general all over muscular soreness lately. And I've been totally exhausted with all the worry about what is wrong with me. Worst of all, just like you, I feel like I need to sleep but I just can't seem to get any form of quality sleep at all. My mind races and I get nocturnal panic attacks.

My GP is sure that it is all stress and anxiety related. I sympathise with you because I know how hard it can be to feel so ill and yet be told there is nothing physically wrong with you. It is so hard to believe that so many awful symptoms can be down to anxiety.

I'm really not too sure on Fybromyalgia so can't really have an opinion on that one. All I know is that anxiety can make you feel so damn grotty and also more susceptible to colds and flu (swollen glands etc) as it weakens your immune system.

Maj
08-09-10, 22:31
Your doctor would need to make a diagnosis of fibro, but it's wouldn't be the end of the world if it was this. There are support groups especially for fibro and it is suffered by many, one of my friends has it. She has learnt what makes her feel bad and how to cope with it. Don't despair, you are not alone. :hugs: