PDA

View Full Version : blood pressure is "up"

daisycake
08-09-10, 22:33
Well I have had a better couple of days - I managed yesterday to get my filling done, and today I made it all the way into the city and up to the hospital as I had a gynaecology appt. She says everything "there" is fine - which I'm trying to believe- and has put me on some new pill, Cerazette? So that's good. And I've lost weight seemingly - 2kg in 7 months but at least I've not gone up... What does concern me is that my blood pressure was at 148/93 which she said was "up"; she then took it again - as apparently different cuffs can have different effects - and said "fine, perfect" but I don't know whether my blood pressure was "fine" or whether she was remarking that she was finished checking... What does worry me is that I can quite often feel my pulse - in my hands especially, at night, it's very odd. If I move them I don't feel my pluse anymore. I've had this thing since I was 11 as well that sometimes my skin throbs, a lot more after eating sugar? I've been trying so very hard and I havent checked my pulse in 5 or 6 days and I'm sleeping a bit better but I am worried about this - and what's worse is, my mum's BP is up too and she's had to go to the nurse twice this week to have her's checked. I'm getting a lot of headaches too so I'm quite concerned... Am I worrying too much?!

Thanks guys for your help, you make a huge difference, the people who commented the other night when I was in a flap on the train REALLY helped, thank you :hugs:xx

Jaco45er
08-09-10, 22:39
Hi daisy

Cuffs do have different affects, but 148/93 is not all that high. In fact, anything up to 159/99 is considered mild. What GP's are worried about, is people that have high BP at rest.

Understand that you have been doing a lot of running about that day, and for all of us, our BP's rise with activity, so chances are your BP when resting is a lot lower.

Trust me, if she was worried about your BP, she would have referred you.

My BP rises to 160/98 sometimes, but docs are not concerend because it drops at rest.

TC

Jaco

linjoy
08-09-10, 22:47
My blood pressure was 152/90 and doc said it was ok