PDA

View Full Version : Worried about mums blood results

Roadtorecovery
09-09-10, 08:42
Hi guys

I'm worried about mum and some blood results she is getting tommorow

She has has serious back problems for around 10 years and is not very
Mobile though she can do small walks etc and bits round the house, a lot of the time for the last 5 years she has been house bound.

Recently she picked up a water infection , she is into alternative medicine and refuses to take convential medicine and anti biotics, the water infection as not cleared up on it's own, she is having pains with her kidneys too now

She had blood taken from her kidneys and the reception told her her results showed a low whit blood cell count.

I've dine my usual trick and googles low White blood cell count and have cone across lots of nasty such as different cancers etc

The doctor has asked to see her to discuss this, her appointment to discuss with her but the reception told her if it was serious they would have her in straight away not a week later to discuss.

I'm still worried about the possibilities, my mum has suffered so much over the last years, I can't imagine her having to deal with even more!

ladybird64
09-09-10, 11:42
Hiya. :)

The chances are your mum's white cell count is raised is because her body is trying to fight off the infection she has already.

She may well be into alternative medicine but see if you can persuade her to take antibiotics for this..urinary tract infections are a real pain to get rid of if they are not treathed properly.

My daughter had a severe infection when she was about 13 and in the end was actually passing blood and parts of the bladder lining, she needed two lots of antibiotics to get rid of the infection.

It is also important that the right antibiotic is used for the particular infection she has so try and persuade her to do the right thing!

She can also help matters by drinking plenty of fluids.

Good luck :flowers:

LisaLisa
09-09-10, 12:10
even stress can lower your white count. Cortisol the stress hormone does that. You definately are jumping to the 'worst case scenario' and thinking along the lines of 'what if' .....neither ways of thinking is helpfull at all. it the waythat an anxiety sufferer thinks.

I do this and it always helps me a lot to rememeber that thinking in these styles is what keeps anxiety going so i think back to the times inthe past that i have thought in this way and turned out to be totally wrong and beleive me there are many if these times!!

Do you have lots of examples of that too?

Lisa
xxxxx

Roadtorecovery
10-09-10, 00:47
I no I shouldnt think worst case, But it always lingers over, and I worry about health whenever one of my family or me shows signs of illness,

My mums side of the family have always been very healthy, with many of her ancestors living into there 90's, mum is always a healthy eater, Non drinker, Non smoker, but I know the way she has had problems with her back, especially the last 5 years have been hard for her.

I feel a little trapped as my mum doesnt always remember, or give over all the info, I don't know if the doctor wants to see her because her WBC is a little low, or extremley low, though logic would say they would arrange an urgent appointment if it was something serious?

Roadtorecovery
10-09-10, 10:40
Turns out worried over nothing was only slightly low and the doctor has no concerns, she also said the water infection is gone which is goo

Worry over