PDA

View Full Version : worried about losing hair!

pinkrose
09-09-10, 12:46
Hi everyone

Just wondered if anybody here worries about their hair falling out when they get stressed and anxious? If I'm going through an anxiety phase (such as I am at the moment), it's always one of my main worries. My hair is quite long, so I do get a noticeable amount of hair falling out anyway (but I always think I'm getting more falling out than usual when I'm stressed). Then I think of people who have lost their hair through stress (like Gail Porter) and it just makes me worry more and then it's like a vicious circle. The worst thing is if someone says to me 'if you keep worrying, your hair will fall out' - then I can feel my scalp tingling even more!!

Has anybody else had this sort of fear, or any tips so I can I stop worrying about it?!:doh:

sb001f8994
09-09-10, 13:04
Hi,
Yes I worry about my hair too. When I was at school my friend lost most of her hair through stress as she was leaving to a new town and school.
My hair has already gone thin at my fringe. I am approaching menapoause and realise that this can be a problem, also there is a genetic link, my mum has very thin hair...thank you mum! Luckily my mum has only gone like this in the last few years (she's 72). Hopefully I will not go as thin till Im older. I have said if I do I will get a wig, like most women my hair is my crowning glory. It's acceptable for men to go bald but not women and I applaud Gail Porter for being so brave, she did look fab without hair, dont think Id look that good!
You are right, the worry seems to make things worse but somehow its very difficult not to worry.
Take care,

pinkrose
09-09-10, 13:20
Thanks Carol. I'll try not to worry, but easier said than done. I think I'm going through the perimenopause, which doesn't help either! xx

Fly away Katie
09-09-10, 14:01
Hi everyone

Just wondered if anybody here worries about their hair falling out when they get stressed and anxious? If I'm going through an anxiety phase (such as I am at the moment), it's always one of my main worries. My hair is quite long, so I do get a noticeable amount of hair falling out anyway (but I always think I'm getting more falling out than usual when I'm stressed). Then I think of people who have lost their hair through stress (like Gail Porter) and it just makes me worry more and then it's like a vicious circle. The worst thing is if someone says to me 'if you keep worrying, your hair will fall out' - then I can feel my scalp tingling even more!!

Has anybody else had this sort of fear, or any tips so I can I stop worrying about it?!:doh:
Hello lovely. Im always obsessively worrying, and constantly anxious.. and ive noticed that my hair falls out. After a shower, I can pull a handful out. Im only 18, and feel so alone about it. I actually have a bald patch at the frount :'( x x x x x x:hugs:

sb001f8994
09-09-10, 18:50
Hi fly away katie,
This may seem a very silly thing to ask but do you run your fingers through your fringe? Well I wasnt aware I did this but my hubby pointed it out and I actually do and pull out hair when doing it! Its mostly when I watch tv and now its become a very bad habit as Im trying to pull my sparse fringe over my forehead as I have a cyst (which Ive had from birth) and I feel I have to cover it.
We do lose around 100 hairs aday, mostly after washing it and if you have a small bald patch it may be worth mentioning it to your gp as a friend had similar and it was caused by a simple infection that required special shampoo.
Take care,

Fly away Katie
09-09-10, 20:45
I dont runn my fingers through my fringe honey.
It mainly comes out after a shower.. sometimes ALOT comes out.
I spend every waking second worrying though, so its my own fault I guess.
And im simelar with my bald bit, I always try to cover it with hair, hehe. x x x x x

suzy-sue
09-09-10, 21:15
You will find some excellent info and tips on here .Also there are lots of different supplements you can buy .I found it very interesting . www.stophairlossnow.co.uk (http://www.stophairlossnow.co.uk) Sue x

ElizabethJane
09-09-10, 22:12
That is really interesting Sue. My colleague at work is losing her hair. She had major surgery abroad whilst on holiday traumatically. I'll pass this article on to her. I have a very unruly head of hair and lots of it so much I have to have it cut every four to five weeks. I would be very distressed if I lost my hair and I would definitely wear a wig.

suzy-sue
09-09-10, 22:23
Me too Ej ..I hope your friend finds it helpful .Sue x