PDA

View Full Version : Made a decision

Jellie
09-09-10, 14:41
I've finally made a decision to go on meds after 4 years of struggling with anxiety. I've been prescribed 20mg of Cit (even though I asked for 10mg which I am a little annoyed about). But this is a huge dealio for me as I've hardly ever taken script drugs in my life and my body is stupidly sensitive to everything at the mo so really quite nervous! I can't take them till tuesday or maybe even the 19th as I have a lot going on at work and can't really afford to have side effects or even psychological ones till then, I am just hoping that itl all settle and I'll be well nuff to travel and go to a gig in October =]
Does anyone have any tips for starting them? I want to cut em in half at first till I get used to em. Do they make more travel sickness? *worryworry* lol. I feel aweful most days atm, not just anxiety but crying and depressed and generally feeling rubbish so fingers crossed twill all be sorted =] Hopefully I'll be all better by xmas yay!
I was also wondering if you can drink with anti ds? I've heard some mixed stuff.

Tanks!

xxx

Hazel B
09-09-10, 14:44
Well done.
You are not supposed to have alcohol with this type of tablet, the leaflet should tell you that.
Could you start them at a quiet time like the weekend and make sure someone is with you?
I think the fact that you want to be OK for Xmas Day is a real positive and gives you a goal.
Best wishes and let us know how you get on.

Claire80
09-09-10, 15:08
Hi

I am on 10mg of Cit for anxiety, started them a little over 2 weeks ago - I felt a little strange for a couple of days, nothing major just a little detached but I was able to work fine and the only thing I am getting at the moment is sleep disruption but somehow don't feel tired the next day - my Dr says this will go in the next couple of weeks.

I asked my Dr about alcohol with Cit yesterday and she said that it was fine in moderation (2 glasses of wine), she said anymore and you would get very drunk very quickly and to avoid spirits.

They are definately worth a try and if the Dr has prescribed 20mg, they must feel that it's the right thing for you - the sooner you start them, the sooner you'll hopefully feel better, and try not to focus on the side effects much.