PDA

View Full Version : hello from me

dela
01-03-06, 15:43
Hi dela here (Not my real name)

For about 25 years + I have been suffering from recurrent depression, probably goes back even further. I’m now 46.

Well I’ve been searching around for some support and help.
I am beginning to believe that although I have been diagnosed and treated with/for depression, I think I actually might be suffering from anxiety. And that the depression is a result of the anxiety running.
Anyway, I don’t know what difference that makes.

I’ve been under the care of my GP and for the last 6 months I have been on venlafaxine. Prior to that I was on Seroxat for about 8 years. . It seems these meds were all proving inneffectiveI am having a referral to Psych services in a few weeks and in conjunction with the Dr have decided to come off meds. Have to wait and see what the appointment throws up. Probably a few weeks.

My wife has suffered panic attacks some years ago. I can’t say I have ever suffered one but from reading the information here I believe, and hope, I will get some good information regarding anxiety and related depression.

I do tend to hope for a “miracle cure”. I have seen so many counsellors and dr’s over the years.

Thanks for listening.

Alexandra
01-03-06, 15:47
Hi Dela

Welcome to the forum.

You will get lots of help & support here.

Also have a look out for books by Claire Weekes, she covers anxiety/panic attacks, which i was recommended to buy when i first joined the forum. You can find her books on www.Amazon.co.uk.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart

seh1980
01-03-06, 16:54
Welcome aboard!! :D

"If life were simple, word would have got around"

clickaway
01-03-06, 17:59
Hi Dela,

I was on seroxat also, which I found OK, but then there came a point on which they had no impact whatsoever.

My root cause is long term, and so some kind of therapy is what is needed. I am now having that treatment and feeling some benefit. I hope you get some similar treatment.

Have you been able to identify what sparked all this off?

Take Care,

Ray
http://www.anxietyrelease.org.uk/

And when you get the choice to sit it out or dance, I hope you dance.
~Mark Sanders and Tia Sillers

kathryn
01-03-06, 18:41
I too can associate whatyou have gone through.
I too have been on seroxat but had that replaced with venlafaxine, which i am trying to come off.
but i found that each time i tryed something came along to stop me. but trust me YOU Will Get there.

takecare Kathryn :)

trac67
01-03-06, 18:47
Hi Dela,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends.

Take care

Trac xx

'Live your life with arms wide open, today is where your book begins, the rest is still unwritten'

jackie
01-03-06, 19:14
http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/default.asp?t=cms&c=reading

hi dela. i rave about an author who feels the same as you. that much depression and even agrophobia is born out of the symptoms of anxiety
that is someone starts to feel the symptoms of anxiety, begins to fear them and becomes depressed by them. even decides to remain at home because they are so severe.

claire weekes is her name and you can order her books from above site.

other than that welcome, i hope we can make you feel less alone.
if you havent read claire weekes books i really think you should
jackie

sueiamnew
01-03-06, 19:51
Hi Dela, welcome to the site.

Karen
01-03-06, 20:54
Hi Dela

Welcome to the forum.

Karen

Happiness is not a state to arrive at but a manner of travelling.

You only live once, but if you do it right, once is enough ~ Christine Cagney, Cagney & Lacey

sal
01-03-06, 23:23
Hi Dela

Great you have joined.

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

Meg
01-03-06, 23:32
Dela

Welcome and hope you find some comfort and help here.

Wish you luck and good vibes for the psych meeting

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

sal
02-03-06, 23:23
Hi Dela

Let us know how you are getting on?

Love Sal xx

Dont mess up the best things in your life, just because at present you are unsure who you are.

"Life is a distance and to travel that distance you were given the strength and guidance to do so".

nomorepanic
04-03-06, 15:39
Hi Dela

Welcome aboard and lovely to see you here.

Nicola

sal
05-03-06, 22:23
Hi Dela

How are things going for you.

Love Sal xx

Paddington
06-03-06, 00:19
hello and welcome to the club!We are here for each other,and it is a wonderful feeling toknow you can share your fears.It has changed my life and i hope it does the same 4 you,God bless.Mary-Rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

dela
06-03-06, 11:23
not sure about how or what to share here. tend to go blank.

help!!!!!

nomorepanic
06-03-06, 11:30
Dela

Just ask any questions you want to or let us know if we can help with anything in particular.

Nicola

sal
06-03-06, 22:44
Dela

Take your time and we are here to help you.

Love Sal xx

dela
07-03-06, 09:00
Thank you all

Paddington
07-03-06, 12:28
hi dela,i was the same when i first joined,speak from the heart is all i can advise you to do,it's scarey sometimes i know,embarrasing even?But it will sooo help you,once you open up and become open to your thought s and feelings u are well on the way to getting better,i truly believe this.Dont think to deeply about what you want to say,just go 4 it,we are all here to listen to you.Love,Mary-Rose.xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Alexandra
07-03-06, 12:40
Hi Dela

Please do'nt worry on how to start. Again as Mary says let it come from the heart, then take a deep breath & go for it.

We are all here to listen & support each other.

Take Care

Alex

Many People Will Walk
In & Out Of Your Life
But Only True Friends
Will Leave Footprints
In Your Heart