PDA

View Full Version : sleep disturbance?

KATYB
09-09-10, 19:04
I've been on citlopram just over a month, the side affects wore off after about 2 weeks, but now it seems that one of them has returned, I keep waking up at about 4am every day and cant go straight back to sleep, this never used to happen before i started the citalopram, is this normal for it to have come back?

trooper
12-09-10, 10:02
I get this quite a bit, a few times I have gone to be earlish feeling tired and woke up at mid night which is painful.

I have had some pills from the doctors and dazapam which has helped but its not a proper solution.

For me personally I just to wake up in the night panicking about my business or just generally anxious, so I am kind of use to it.

I find if it happens, getting up for a bit can help rather than laying there frustrated. I normally go and have a cup of tea, or hot chocolate or something. Sit quietly in the front room for a while till I bore myself back to feeling tired. And normally I can get a couple of more hours snoozing in.

Its one of the things you may need to take on the chin as a side effect.

Medication Survivior
12-09-10, 18:07
I've been on citlopram just over a month, the side affects wore off after about 2 weeks, but now it seems that one of them has returned, I keep waking up at about 4am every day and cant go straight back to sleep, this never used to happen before i started the citalopram, is this normal for it to have come back?

I also wake up at 4am most mornings while taking Citalopram, what can help is meditation. I used this when I wake early only to fall back to sleep.
All the best.

Hazel B
12-09-10, 18:09
I wake up a few times every night, I have anxiety. This happens even if I take a Diazepam, I get off to sleep quicker then keep waking up. My doctor says it's part of being anxious.

RichW
13-09-10, 06:03
Yeah pretty much of the same. I've been on 20mg for about 6 months and I still battle to stay asleep. I find respite on the weekends when I know I can sleep in. It seems the change in mindset helps me to get back to sleep and when I do, I find I can sleep till 10am without much effort.

Hoping this will settle once I come off them towards the end of the year.

All the best

Rich

leanne78
13-09-10, 09:01
I am the same have been on citalopram for about 3 months and have problems sleeping, takes ages to go to sleep, then I wake 3/4 times a night and i am then wide awake at 4am/5am, lets say I am tired all the time.

I find what helps me is to find something that makes you feel relaxed, so in my case its sewing, but I find it sooooo relaxing.