PDA

View Full Version : carbon monoxide

daisycake
09-09-10, 19:08
Back to what started it all... The flames from the gas cooker (in the oven and on the hob are BRIGHT orange - especially the oven. I've told my mum and she just shook her head and basically dismissed it.. The last time we had sort of orange flames, they said that my mum's inhalers could cause it.. She's cleaned the cooker today and been cleaning a lot - could dust or the fact we've cleaned it cause this? I don't feel tired or headachey yet, well I am a bit tired but I don't know, I'm convinced we're all going to end up ill. But my mum and sister both have asthma and I suppose they'd be affected first?

daisycake
09-09-10, 19:34
You can't turn the gas down either - it's like constantly really high - so you don't get the different gas marks. I'm really worried. All I can think of is I knocked the light earlier which was REALLY dusty - could that be causing this? My mum won't listen

daisycake
09-09-10, 19:39
Please help? I'm really worried

jude uk
09-09-10, 19:42
Soem times when you clean a cooker this can happen but a quick word to the gas people will put your mind at rest

daisycake
09-09-10, 19:43
Well that's what I want to do but my mum won't let me, she says it just anxiety

Fly away Katie
09-09-10, 19:44
Hey Daisy, do you have a carbon monoxide alarm thingy? I think its standard inmost houses.If you get one, it will put your mind at ease. I used to be scared of our fire producing it x x x xx x

daisycake
09-09-10, 19:45
Lol I would want one but mum refuses, says it is all anxiety

daisycake
09-09-10, 19:47
I feel rotten lol, got a bit of a headcahe coming on and my chest is achy - I dunno if that's me worrying or me actually ill!

daisycake
09-09-10, 21:00
Panic over - it's back to normal.. Aah I feel stupid :(

Fly away Katie
09-09-10, 22:43
Hey, no worries sweetheart. We are all the same. Panic, get all worried.. think its never going to go.. and then it does :) happy that you feel a little better x

Fly away Katie
09-09-10, 22:44
And I get that with my parents 'its all anxiety' does my nut in x x x