PDA

View Full Version : My treacherous heart(beat)

CrazyCatLady
09-09-10, 19:58
Made my first cottage pie tonight, felt quite elated at how well it tasted.

"What a nice day!" I think to my self, as i curl up on the sofa to read... But what's this..? Is my heart beating faster? Yes it is! I try to ignore it but it starts pumping in my ears - ringing in my head, making me dizzy... It's awful, but i manage to breath deep to my (somewhat full) stomach, i manage to calm myself before full onset.

I'm not sure which is better - a panic attack triggered by a situation you see coming, dread and build up, but are therefore prepared for, or the completely random ones that seem to come from nowhere.

Feeling shaky now :weep:

Vixxy
09-09-10, 20:04
just keep remembering the fact that you cooked yourself a lovely meal and you did all of that with no panic. Dont let it stop you doing it again. Maybe you can spend this evening planning a meal for tomorrow?

WhyNick
09-09-10, 20:12
Personally I always thought the random ones were worst. Home made cottage pie sounds good though

CrazyCatLady
10-09-10, 16:03
Thank you for the replies.

I did take your advice Vixxy, and it really helped! I always have trouble with my distraction methods, but planning dinner would be a good one in future.

And yes WhyNick, i think the random ones are worse when i think about it - but the pie was good!

Vixxy
10-09-10, 20:18
What did you cook this evening?

CrazyCatLady
11-09-10, 14:35
Curly Kale, Bacon, Carrot and Potato soup - yum yum! :D