PDA

View Full Version : Please please help??

HunniBee
09-09-10, 20:40
Urgent answer needed!!

Can you take Kalms with Mirt??

I took 2 around 6.30pm and just wondered if it is still ok to take my 7.5mg of mirt before bed around 9.30-10.00pm??

Bit worried incase anything bad happens!!

HB x x

ElizabethJane
09-09-10, 21:35
The truth is that I don't know whether kalms and mirtazapine are contra indicated? I would never take any supplement to my meds without consulting my psychiatrist/GP first. If you need an answer tonight then I would phone NHS direct. The only problem with this is that they might be very busy and take a while to get back to you. You might be feeling quite sleepy by then. If it was me then I would skip the mirtazapine for tonight and contact your surgery/pharmacist in the morning. 7.5mg is a very low starting dose so missing a dose should not have too much of an effect on you Continue as normal tomorrow. Always, always consult your doctor before taking any supplements with anti depressants as some can increase sedation/anxiety when taken together. I am not a doctor and these are my opinions based on my experience of taking mirtazapine 45mg. EJ.

Kerry B
09-09-10, 21:54
Hi I have taken Kalms with Antidepressants, I am on Seroxat and didn't have any side effects at all. If you are worried ring a Chemist and speak to the Pharmacist for reasurance.

HunniBee
09-09-10, 22:00
I haven't taken my mirt tonight....so all good there but am scared of falling asleep and not waking up again :(

I know taking cit with kalms is ok so I'm just going to stick with cit and kalms and no mirt!!

I will wake up right??

HB x x

ElizabethJane
09-09-10, 22:04
Please try not to worry. What is the dose for Kalms? If you are still worried call NHS direct. You'll be fine. EJ.