PDA

View Full Version : please help

ems43
09-09-10, 21:14
hI, i REALLY need some help please, feel like i am losing my mind.

Basically i suffered with dp/ dr about ten years ago and found it very difficult but eventually overcame it. About three months ago I went and got very drunk, woke up with the worst headache ever and now what i realise was my dp/ dr starting again. I felt numb all over, as if my mind was not connecting with my body and i felt very odd.

anyway i became convinced it was something physical as I did keep having headaches. I kept feelign detatched from others, like i could not focus on them properly or work out what was going on around me. I also felt like i could not tell what position my body was in, if that makes senses.

The main symptoms I am getting now are

- feeling the world/ everything looks really unreal, along with this intense pressure feeling in my forehead like everything feels pressured and my head could explode
- feelign that one side of my body feels different to the other
- feelign that things are futhter away/ closer than i;m sure they are
- feeling that people's heads etc change shape
- fearing/ feelign that i don't recongise others around me

- feelign disorientateds, like i don;'t know where i am
- feelign that i don't know who i am anymore
- feeling that i shrink in size
- feelign that i slip out of my body
- feelign that i am standing at the side of myself

The problem is, when i had dp/ dr before, i felt hugely relieved when i read info on it. This time, when i read info on it, it doesn't reassure me, it feels like i have actually lost my mind. I also start fearing, what if i am going psyhoctic? what if i start ot believe that reality isn't real? I als get this fleeting thought " nothing is real anyway" and that terrifies me. I literally feel like i am losign my mind and can;t cope. I think if i could beleive it was dp/ dr then i would be one step on the way to recovery.. but my blasted mind just keeps saying no i have gone insane. I have jsut started escitalopram and am really hopign they kick in soon as i am signed off work and hardly able to function I am just so terrified constantly. I really am finding it hard to just get through the day, it feels like ground hog day.

Also, does anyone know how you differentiate between temporal lobe epilespy and dp/ dr? i keep worryig i have this too.

I am so low today and i just cannot stop crying and don;t see this ever ending.

Many many thansk for any help offered x

agnes
09-09-10, 21:37
Oh, ems, my heart goes out to you. All of us here have been in some very dark places with various symptoms, at different times. And it can feel as if we're going insane. I've found that when my anxiety is at its height, I can't find much reassurance in anything, so don't worry that you can't at the moment.

You'll get so much support at NMP, you really will.

Have you discussed all of these symptoms with your GP? You've started on the medication so you're taking the right steps for you at present.

I see that you say you've got through a difficult period before, try to remember that, when you can.

Lots of love xx

peaceseeker
09-09-10, 21:51
Hi Ems.You're post is really heartbreaking-when i think of you crying.I've only just joined up today.It seems like i share a lot of your symptoms-the detachment and twisted realities and confusion.Thing is,we can help each other because i know the despair you're in.Keep going hun-the sun will shine again
Chris

ems43
09-09-10, 22:34
thank you so much, i really appreciate your kind comments and send my love and thoughts back xx

agnes
09-09-10, 22:39
peaceseeker is right...the sun will shine again...

if you ever feel the need to pm, then please do xx

paula lynne
09-09-10, 23:52
ITs just a set back you are not going mad. Its your brain trying to trick you. Alcohol excacerbates panic, anxiety and depression. Make every day count, and tell yourself.."im getting better every day...sod you panic and anxiety". all the feelings of unreality are just usually oxygen imbalance, so get your breathing right. Use a paper bag. Stay off booze and talk to your gp if you feel it will help. All the best.xx