10-09-10, 00:10
Just went to A&E again, they have done:

Full bloods
Lupas test
Diabetes
Thyroid tests
Something else...

Urine - the 10 testing strip, think its called a multistrip

They have done these tests twice int he last couple of weeks.

I have been having bloating and abdominal pains in my lower right abdomen, sometimes they are painful, sometimes just a dull ache. They have checked my temperature, blood presssure, done an ECG, done LOTS of prodding and poking and found nothing. They says its not my appendix after 3 seperate doctors on different occasions poked and prodded and there was no pain, they just said it was my IBS moving from the left side to teh right side.

Can this really be the case? It just makes me so stressed, its been like this for 3 days now.

nomorepanic
10-09-10, 00:14
You have to believe the docs or you will go mad (not literally).

They know what they are looking for and won't miss something like appendicitis.

Yes IBS causes these pains - you should try having Crohn's then you will really know about bowel pain :roflmao:

paula lynne
10-09-10, 00:16
Hi Im new here...Im an ex-nurse and Im sure if something was wrong they would have found it. It does sound like IBS, are you stressed at the mo? Take your regular meds, try and relax. Warm baths help, and hot water bottle on painful side. I hope you feel better soon. xx:hugs:

uk23
10-09-10, 00:23
I just didnt know that you can get IBS pain on the right side, my GP said they are only on the left side :(

edit: Thank you for the replies and welcome Paula

nomorepanic
10-09-10, 00:23
Sorry I wasn't being flippant by the way - I just mean that yes I think it is IBS and I know the pain of both IBS and Crohn's can be terrible

JennyW
10-09-10, 09:02
Hi there, not sure if this helps, but I've been experiencing r/h pelvic pain on/off for the past 2 years now. If you check my threads you'll see what I've had done but basically the gyny and gastro lady couldn't find anything wrong. Had a CT scan and colonoscopy and nothing.

The gyny says it's IBS due to stress (he knows about my health anxiety), the gasto says it's not as I don't have any other systems.

I live with it and ignore it now. I "think" it is IBS and although I don't have other classic symptoms, I think that part of my colon just spasms - maybe through stress - who knows?

Hope you feel better soon

Horse
10-09-10, 14:32
As a regular A and E attender, I've been there also!

Pain below right ribs (on too many occasions) especially after bowel movement.

As you say, prodding, poking, bloods, urine, xrays, then scans (CT and ordinary), endoscopies x 4 so far and finally, as a finale........the colonoscopy! Being as the latter was only last Monday, although it was clear, they have taken biopsies.

The probable cause is more than likely IBS. Some doctors will say you get it on the left, some on the right. Personally, my belief is that you get it anywhere, from groin to chest and back!

Fly away Katie
10-09-10, 18:05
Just went to A&E again, they have done:

Full bloods
Lupas test
Diabetes
Thyroid tests
Something else...

Urine - the 10 testing strip, think its called a multistrip

They have done these tests twice int he last couple of weeks.

I have been having bloating and abdominal pains in my lower right abdomen, sometimes they are painful, sometimes just a dull ache. They have checked my temperature, blood presssure, done an ECG, done LOTS of prodding and poking and found nothing. They says its not my appendix after 3 seperate doctors on different occasions poked and prodded and there was no pain, they just said it was my IBS moving from the left side to teh right side.

Can this really be the case? It just makes me so stressed, its been like this for 3 days now.

Oh my gosh, I am SO SO SO glad you posted thios thread. Im RIGHT THERE WITH YOU. I have had pain and dull ache in my right lower abdomen (and groin) for a week now, and im TERRIFIED it's my appendix. But I think if we had it...we would be in ALOT more pain. Does it hurt in waves? Like when you think about it, it comes on more? Please wb, im so glad im not alone here :hugs: x x x x x x x x