PDA

View Full Version : Bloody phlegm

Nicole01
10-09-10, 10:51
I've noticed on a few morning that when i clear my throat, there is blood in my phlegm.

My teeth bleed really badly when i brush my teeth and I've seen my dentist who said I need to floss - this has been going on for years. I have a tiny nose so i tend to sleep with my mouth open (very attractive for my other half).

The phlegm could have been there for years as well, but I was mistaking it with blood from my teeth. Obviously I'm in a state of anxiety at the moment so I've noticed it.

I mentioned it to my doctor a while back and he didn't even respond really. He checked my breathing and throat and said everything was fine.

Do you think this is a cause for concern? I'm 24, have never smoked and rarely drink. I do have a brain tumor fear and I'm worried the cancer has spread...in a bad way. Constantly lightheaded. Seen two doctors, two opticians.

Thoughts appreciated,

Nicole x

margaret jones
10-09-10, 12:05
Hi Nicole

Seems to me you have checked with Gp and he thinks that things are all ok the blood thing in your throat maybe like you said is from your teeth/gums .
You are a young person and dont smoke and rarely drink so I would try not to worry (easier said than done )I am sure you are fine .

Take Care Maggie xxcc