PDA

View Full Version : husband with ocd

Juliek
10-09-10, 15:16
Hi my name is Julie and i have just joined. could really do with some advice as i dont know where to turn.Long story short, my husband has ocd and recently i admitted to him that i lied to him over some money i owed. This is the first time ever i have lied to him. I have told him how deeply deeply sorry i am and that i would never do it again and i have learnt a valuable lesson, but he is totally obsessing over the lie, he says he feels betrayed and done over by me and cant get it out his head and thinks that we are over because of it!! I admit i was wrong to lie but i never meant it to hurt him i just thought i could work my money troubles out without involving him . i feel he is going totally over the top about it, or am i so in the wrong that I deserve to lose him over this???

Please reply honestly as i dont know where to turn

Thanks Julie:weep:

nomorepanic
10-09-10, 15:18
Hi Juliek

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

Vanilla Sky
10-09-10, 23:56
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

paula lynne
11-09-10, 07:29
Hi and welcome..Im new here too x I feel your husband has over-reacted, and understand the depth of feeling due to his ocd. However, Im sure he hasnt been perfect, (who is?) and has made mistakes, which youve forgiven/let go/ignored. Reassure him..and that you wanted to solve the money issue alone BECAUSE you love him and didnt want him upset. I wonder what prompted you to tell him at all, as you must have had an idea how he would react? Im so sorry he has taken it so badly, and to threaten the end of your marriage is very drastic. I hope he can forgive you, (you didnt kill anyone!) and you can work it out. And in future, I wouldn t disclose things like that again if this is how he reacts. It must be hard for you, as marriage is about sharing the load, and you seem to have a lot on your plate. Hope its resolved very soon. This is my honest opinion. :hugs: