PDA

View Full Version : blood in spit / phlegm!!

bullybeef
10-09-10, 21:00
hi posted a few days ago about a cold i have had for 5 weeks, however today i noticed when i spit it can be bloody?! I do suffer from bleeding gums, they can even bleed whilst eating a sandwicjh!! sometimes the spit is clear, help!!!!!!!!!!!!! im sure it has been like thios before but i also had a slight sore throat today and anxiety getting the best of me tonight!!

daisycake
10-09-10, 21:10
Yeah I've had that,. have brought up green gunk that's blood stained, apparently it's normal if you have a cold due to irratated blood vessels etc :) hope you feel better soon, colds are the worst!

bullybeef
10-09-10, 21:13
thank you for your swift reply, this website is a godsend!!!

Fly away Katie
10-09-10, 22:24
Ive even brought up bits of eyeliner in mine! (and blood) ;) x xxx

Jeanine25
11-09-10, 09:44
how bizarre you post this as i was going to post the same thing.
i have been deliberately coughing up gunk just to see if the blood is still there.
i too suffer from bleeding gums so not sure where the blood actually came from...

weird.

Nicole01
11-09-10, 12:06
I get this a lot, only I've just started noticing it more because of my anxiety. Before, I just naturally assumed it was from my teeth which bleed really easily when brushing - seen Dentist.

Anyway, if you sleep with your mouth open, your mouth and throat get really dry and then you cough and hey presto, you burst a little vessel. . .or so thats what I've been told!