PDA

View Full Version : What diseases have you 'had'?

uk23
11-09-10, 21:03
Just curious about what diseases people are convinced they have or had and why.

Please reply with what you thought and why :)

Ella_Jayne
11-09-10, 21:13
Most of my anxiety has been with my heart. I read stories in the media about SADS (Sudden Arrhythmia/Adult death syndrome) and got concerned with my heart, one day my heart fluttered and sent me into my first panic attack. I thought I was dying so ever since then I've thought I've had every possible defect, disease to do with my heart. But when I got the all clear from a cardiologist I started worrying about clots in my lungs and Brain Cancer. Not to mention thinking that I was losing my sight (LOL, I can laugh about it now) At the moment I'm still concerned about my heart but not to the extent that I was. I think that's thanks to CBT.

Shazandra
11-09-10, 23:11
MS......All started after googling symptoms that any sane person would simply shrug off!!

bronte
12-09-10, 14:01
im obsessed with thinking i have bowel cancer because i sometimes pass bloody mucus when opening my bowels tmi the dr says it is internal piles but because i suffer with ibs as well it fuels my anxiety

ellie_C_mason1990
12-09-10, 16:06
it started with the heart, then skin cancer, cervical cancer, liver cirrohis, panceratits, leukhemia, bone cancer, more skin cancer, mouth cancer, lung cancer, also going blind!!, mainly cancers though skin and mouth cancer are continuous.

i dont know why i worry about cancer more than others, and i ever think or worry i have breast cancer even though i am in a high risk group..! anxiety is strange

Fly away Katie
12-09-10, 16:57
Lungs and tummy!! z x x x xx

alicegreen
12-09-10, 17:30
Mine is mainly heart anxiety, though also rather specifically connective tissue disorders like Marfan syndrome. (which my DH does have)

It all started when I had had my first son, 16 years ago, and a midwife commented on my stretch marks. She said they were the worse shed ever seen (cheers!) and that I must have very weak connective tissue) This was all around the time DH was diagnosed, and it really worries me as our children all have a 50/50 chance of inheriting it from him, but obviously if my connective tissue is also weak.....

carli
12-09-10, 21:16
well in the last year i thought i had

bowel cancer
brain tumor
skin cancer
skizoprenia
cervical cancer
overian cancer
lung cancer
i currently fear i have ms and i am going blind!

Its becoming a real pain now,lol xx

Jeanine25
12-09-10, 21:50
ive had the lot#

stomach cancer
brain tumour
stroke
MS
lung clots
leg clots
cervical cancer
ovarian cancer
breast cancer
cancer of the labia
skin cancer
lung cancer
Aneurysm in the main artery from the heart (cant spell the word)
heart defects
leukemia
lymphoma

I have lately convinced myself I have a lump at the side of my head that is a protruding brain tumour, tho my family claim its where the skull joins...
Im not convinced.

shorty1969
12-09-10, 22:51
My anx started when i got chickenpox at the age of 31 , a friend of mine made a comment that chickenpox can affect your heart :ohmy:,, Didnt think to much about it at the time , but i think it started playing on my mind , took what i know now was a panic attack at the time , but i thought it was a heart attack , so that started the ball rolling that i now have a problem with my heart .,, i have never mentioned to my friend what his comment did to me .

blue moon
12-09-10, 23:07
Oh....Where do I start..lol
Petra:wacko:

miniholly
27-11-10, 15:58
had everything such as:
brain tumour
lymphoma
ruptured spleen
ruptured appendix
cervical cancer
throat cancer
lung cancer
bowel cancer
stomach cancer
bone cancer
meningitis
heart attack
nose cancer
brain damage

and the list goes on

PanchoGoz
27-11-10, 16:24
My only fears are going blind or completely losing it. This is quite interesting really...brain and heart seem to be the big ones.

kaisersozay
27-11-10, 22:03
Eyes and schizophrenia are the two biggies for me.

MoonlightFire
29-11-10, 09:21
In the last 17 years:

Brain Tumour
Lymphoma
Breast Cancer
Colon Cancer
Tumour in leg
Bladder cancer
Lung cancer
Skin cancer
Ovarian cancer
Cervical cancer
CJD
HIV

MoonlightFire
29-11-10, 09:23
...Oh and various heart problems.

cassie1975
29-11-10, 13:43
I had a lot of symptoms and made the mistake of googling them, I started with a visit to the G.P I thought i had felt a lump in my breast, then convinced myself he was wrong. I had a few symptoms and according to the internet I could have lung cancer, stomach cancer or breast cancer. i have been on Citalopram for seven weeks and it was the best thing i did. My symptoms have not fully subsided but i feel almost human again. I have also gone four weeks without a trip to the doctors or google. This was my first experience with anxiety and hopefully my LAST!!!!!!!! Added to that my symptoms started to subside when i discovered this website !!!:yesyes::yesyes::yesyes:

Tinker28
29-11-10, 14:17
Well my list include-
first it was lung cancer- cause after having a cold i caugh up a bit of blood- Doc said it was broncitis.
Brain Tumor- cause i would get double vision so i googled it diagonsed me of a Brain Tumor and the Doc. was ordering a CAT Scan so it freaked me out.
Breast Cancer- cause I looked up Breast Cancer and I though I had it
Ovarian Cancer- cause I had pains a lot- went to an ultrasound nothing showed up- pains no longer there anymore.
Cervicial Cancer- cause I googled and it scared me, I had a pap done it came back low grade cells so I was even more scared Doc did another one in 6 months came back again low grade cells. Went to a Gyno and he looked and he said he saw nothing to be concered about see me in a year.
Aids- I googled then that convinced me- Went to the hospital right after told the doctor about what googled told me, he said the interent isn't always right. those are not the symptoms of Aids.
Lung cancer again- pain in my upper back- went away after a few days.
MS- numbness from time to time.
MRSA- I work with seniors who have it- still working on this one.