PDA

View Full Version : Not happy...

Badchip
02-03-06, 02:00
Hello there hope everyones doing good!

I posted this on the medication board also thought i might post something hear aswell see if anyone has any helpful input on my problems.

I suffer with anxiety/panic and ive been put on the antidepressant citalopram, 20mg a day. Ive been on it 6weeks and been through many changes. Between 4-6 weeks your supposed to notice some effect from this medication. But in the last couple of weeks and more noticably the last week ive been having some annoying problems. Mentally im alot better, I havnt been having panic attacks. But instead, my head spins. And its make me annoyed! I really can't deal with it. I dont even know if its the medication.

Pretty much it comes from nowhere, my vision stays fine it just feels like a slight spin and wierdness in my head. My legs and other limbs feel like jelly. Sometimes I get a slight headache at the front and around the neck but they are pretty undescript. Also sometimes i get joint ache and even though my legs feel jelly like and hard to control if i put my mind to it there not 'weak' or anything. Just wierd! Also i compulsively check my pulse alot, and when i get this i do... and will note my pulse is always regular, steady, pumping good... which does make me feel a little relieved. But still i hate these feelings there holding me back. What could they be? Meds? Something else? The meds have had a wierd affect on my head but nothing like this. This almosy feels like vertigo but very very mild.

Thanks for any help!

xxx

Never say never, opps said it twice..

Meg
02-03-06, 09:19
It takes a godo while to settle onto SSRI's. This may just be this process or can be anxiety itself without the panic. The symptoms you describe are typical of anxiety.

Common Symptoms of Panic Attacks, Anxiety, Phobias and OCD. (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/NMPcms.php?nmppage=symptoms)

First Steps to overcoming Panic and Anxiety (http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/showthread.php?t=942)

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

Badchip
02-03-06, 14:18
Thank you! I feel reasured. I'll give it some more time and hope it wears off in the next few days/week or whatever. And thankyou for the links.

Other symptoms I didnt note up there were, thirst, having bursts of going to the toilet and feeling the cold more then usual. I'll be sure to tell the doctor all this in a few days of corse.

Never say never, opps said it twice..