PDA

View Full Version : Going crazy????

ConAnima
12-09-10, 08:50
Hi guys..
I just needed to talk to somebody as I swear i'm going crazy or there is something really really wrong with my body.
I haven't slept in days because everytime i'm asleep I wake up after dreaming about palpitations. It's so horrible it's plaguing my every moment now it's in my sleep??
I have occassional A/Fib which I take Flecainide for but it seems to only be during sleep. I'm so scared to sleep.
The other thing is I have a permanent rubbling in my upper left hand side chest like gurgling and what I can only describe as little shoots of wind upwards followed by either a loud burp or sick in my mouth.
I have such bad heartburn and even sometimes I burp and it just flies out of my mouth no control : (
The feelings i'm getting are ruining my life I can escape them. This shooting of air sensation is so hard to explain but it has me on edge cause it's horrible, I'm not sure if it's wind or my heart??
I pretty much sleep sitting up when I can drop off. But it doesn't last long and then i'm awake and worrying. I'm so tired but I can't escape thiese feelings in my body.. The doctor doesn't seem too concerned but I can't get past it. I feel unreal and so depressed and useless i'm 31 M athletic build with everything going for me but i'm a mess... Just a pure mess.
Sorry I just needed to talk to someone x

Jaco45er
12-09-10, 09:21
Hi Con

When you are in an anxious state, all kinds of chemicals are whizzing around your body, the ole "fight or flight" mechanism. This gets the body ready for action, by getting all the organs ready, and when extreme, can make us throw up, and go to the loo (or if unlucky, both at the same time), because we want to be as light as possible to escape the runaway bus you are standing in front of (you think that's scary? it used to be sabre-toothed tigers ;)).

All this plays absolute havoc on your digestive system, and this might account for the heartburn and those feelings on your left side (remember your stomach is up there too, a lot higher than people realise).

Assuming your GP has checked your ticker out, and you are fine (don't worry about palps, I get them too, for the most part they are bengin) then I would say that these digestion problems really are a by-product of your anxiety. And your anxiety is a by-product of how you are thinking.

I was in a similiar situation for a long while, but after ECG's and trips back and to the GP (get's embarrassing when they reserve you a seat in the waiting room ;)), I finally got around to tackling my Health Anxiety by concentrating not on how I felt, but how I thought I felt (aka Claire Weekes books, check them out if you haven't already).

Another thing I would mention, years ago I had something called H Pylori, I used to get terrible heart burn, indegestion, and even would wake in the middle of the night and sink a pint of milk to stop that acid burning feeling. A simple blood test confirmed I had this virus, and after 2 weeks of pills, it all went forever. Not saying that's it, but worth asking your GP the question?

I really can't recommend the Claire Weekes books enough buddy, I know it's difficult, but you need to try and tackle how you think, as apposed to thinking how you feel and keeping yourself ill.

Good luck

Jaco

ConAnima
12-09-10, 09:40
Thanks so much for the reply!
What you said makes a lot of sense : )
I woke 2 weeks ago with an attack of A/Fib and went to the hospital. The reason I mention that is because I had lots of tests done all bloods, urine, ECG's and was released after a couple of hours so i'm hoping that would qualify as being checked over?
Maybe I should look into that virus as it sounds like what I might have. In a way I hope it is so I can fix it!!
As for the book... well i'm going to order it NOW!!