PDA

View Full Version : worried about heart

scouser1959
12-09-10, 13:18
please can someone reply to this, i have for the past 3 years at least had pain in my left arm and shoulder, even my face, docs have done countless ecgs blood tests treadmill test, heart scan and 24 hr monitor, all came back normal, i get gastric discomfit too which i have had well before the pains began im a nervous wreck and off back to the docs tomorrow can someone please reply thank you.

PokerFace
12-09-10, 14:16
I get pain in my left arm, left shoulder + blade, left side of my jaw and left side/centre of my chest everyday. I've had my heart checked too and been told the pain I feel is muscular down to anxiety! You've had way more tests than me so it sounds to me your pain is very much muscular too. It could be cos you're tense all the time without realising, because you sit the wrong way or even hold yourself the wrong way.

Start being aware of how you sit or hold yourself and you might find your answer! I used to sit on the computer for long periods of time leaning the left side of my jaw on my left arm all balanced on my elbow lol, so that was 1 of the reasons why I hurt so much. I also tense my self ALLLL the time. My left arm down to my chest even up to the left side of my neck and jaw is always tense cuz I'm trying to "prevent" a heart attack lol. Sounds crazy I know, but if I'm not tense like that my muscles start to hurt as they're relaxing and my anxiety soars sky high cuz I ALWAYS think it's heart pain! (which it's not:D) xx

scouser1959
12-09-10, 14:25
thank you so much for your reply, i feel a lot better, you sound so much like me, i bet we are wishing the very same wish. xxxx

Hazel B
12-09-10, 14:47
I just looked at the "Symptoms" section on the left of the screen and half way down it tells about muscles and muscle tension and pains. It may help to look at this, anxiety and stress do wicked things to our poor bodies.
You have had all the right tests, please tell the doctor about the pain tomorrow, get your pulse and blood pressure checked and let them know how you are eating and sleeping.

scouser1959
12-09-10, 14:55
ooooo now im panicking?????? my pulse is 72 my blood pressure is always spot on!

Ella_Jayne
12-09-10, 15:18
It sounds like it has nothing to do with your heart. With the tests you've had done something would have shown up if the pain you were feeling was caused by your heart. I get pains from time to time in my arm and chest, they come and go and it's down to anxiety. I'm not saying that yours is definitely caused by anxiety but I'd seriously doubt it's caused by your heart.

When you got the all clear from your heart, what did the doctor suggest was causing the pain?

jothenurse
12-09-10, 15:19
With all of your tests done, I am sure it is anxiety and muscle tension. I have had many EKG's and a halter monitor because of tachycardia (in the 160's). I also have some pain in my left arm, but I take this to be muscle tension. A pulse of 72 is great.

scouser1959
12-09-10, 15:22
they have put it down to it being muscular i also have multiple sclerosis,the pain in my face they say is sinus trouble but i get it the same time as the pain in my arm, i have eptopic beats too which have stopped since i started taking propranalol the pain in my arm and face when it comes on can be there constantly for weeks then goes away for months at a time, my doc says its no way related to my heart.