PDA

View Full Version : Having a panic attack

jothenurse
12-09-10, 15:01
I don't get it. I have been doing a lot better, though with my Mother's recent passing away I know I have had more anxious feelings and feeling scared. Yesterday I did lots of errands, went to a movie with my son (first time to a movie in months), and did pretty well.
Today, I was a little hungry (which I'm usually not in the morning because mornings I tend to be very anxious), so I ate a little toast and had a little orange juice. Decided to go grocery shopping, which still gets me uptight, but I can do it. On the way there, my stomach was a little upset, but told myself to just keep going. Got to the store - felt the panic creeping in and an upset stomach. Just got the stuff that I really needed and left as soon as I could. Now I am back home, all shakey, a little upset stomach and gaggy feeling. Do you think this is just a panic attack from the accumulated stress from my mother's passing and my usual anxiety? I am scared now again, especially when my stomach gets upset because I have a phobia about that. My boyfriend is also working out of town today, my brother will be out of town, and my son (who lives in his own apartment), will be busy. I feel lost since my mother passed away and I am always more nervous by myself. Help. Is this just the anxiety and grief?

agnes
12-09-10, 15:04
Yes, Jo, it is...you are in the midst of grieving your Mum and you suffer anxiety too. I'm going through it too, at present, but it will pass, for both of us xx

Hazel B
12-09-10, 15:06
I have exactly the same and it can come on at any time, even if I feel I've been ok.
It will pass, take care.

Anxious_gal
12-09-10, 15:07
could be because your tummy is not used to food so early in the morning, then with the moving around and getting anxious probably didn't help.
but well done for still going and getting what you needed!