PDA

View Full Version : Struggling

Lynnann
13-09-10, 02:13
Lordy help me I really don’t know what to do.

I am losing touch with reality again, nothing seems real, even typing this is like watching someone else type it. I can’t feel anything all emotion and sensation is shutting down. Is this how it will be from now on? A combination of PTSD and anxiety leading to meltdown! I am so dissociated from all that is going on around me.
Is this what will be normal from now on?

Lynnann

Going home
13-09-10, 02:29
Lynnann, are you overtired? If you're not sleeping this can give you a spaced out feeling, or could it be any meds you take?

Anna

Lynnann
13-09-10, 02:30
more like over stressed I think, which I suppose leads to over tired

Lynnann

Going home
13-09-10, 02:38
PTSD is an awful thing to suffer from, but you have to hang in there lynnann, don't let it beat you...always remember that whatever the situation was that has left you with this, PTSD is just a range of 'feelings', its not real and you matter, you're here and you survived and you will go on surviving and you will come through it. The truth is that whatever memories you have will never be completely wiped out..BUT, you have the power over this if you only realise it.

Anna

Lynnann
13-09-10, 09:42
Hi Anna.

Thank you for taking the time to reply, I think part of me knows this episode will pass. Well I hope it does.

Lynnann

paula lynne
13-09-10, 10:28
Hope you feel better soon, this happens to me a lot, and it does pass..x:)

hamish
13-09-10, 13:25
hang in ther i no how you feel im screaming inside today looking for help

calm
13-09-10, 13:28
hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii i understand ptsd....that is wot my doc says is happened to me!

i do so feel for us all...i dont think the world understands but thankfully here we have found a safe place and can open up and get the support we do so need!

calm
13-09-10, 13:28
Going home....that is oh so true xxxxx

katrinax
13-09-10, 21:25
Aww I hope you feel better soon.

Love Katrinaxx

mcclan
13-09-10, 21:39
as you know lynann iv been thru this for nearly 4 years now but the last week has seemed to make me feel am getting out of this. i have been like this before and it did blow up in me face but thats because i tryed to do things to early in the process of the help i was getting. so the way to help you thru this is to get what ever it is that makes you feel the way you are is to put better things in your mind so you feel better in your self then and the confidance will build from there. it will take time but i think im getting there now so im sure you will. we are here like ya self to ask anything that could help you as well regards dave :hugs:

Lynnann
17-09-10, 13:34
Thanks for your replies,

I guess it is just that time of year combined with stress.

Part of me knows this will pass, like it always does, it gets easier with time.

I can't change the past, I know that too. Dave I know where this all stems from and doubt I will ever fully reconcile with it but thanks for your support:) It means a lot:)

I usually cope quite well for the most part of the year, and am quite positive normally. lordy nearly 5 yrs on, guess there will always be times of distress triggered by memories.

Anyhow, thanks guys as always nmp is there to rely on:)

Lynnann:flowers: