PDA

View Full Version : missing beats three years since i suffered with PAD!!

potts1
13-09-10, 03:29
Hi
Im wondering if anyone can help i first got panic /anxiety disorder when my youngest daughter was born seven years ago but i got better then in 2006 i had a relapse !! it was awfull i had every test going and a 24 hour ecg as had really bad missing beats all came back ok and i got better again though this time i stayed on the citalpram for a longer time. tonight im wide awake at 3am and all cos every now and again my heat decides to flip out ,i have had a few cans of diet coke today and a tea but worried its something more !!! do you think its worth a trip to the doctors tomorrow or not
Thanks Guys
:)

PokerFace
13-09-10, 08:55
Missed beats are never a nice thing, I get them a lot too ;( The fact that they are so scary causes us to worry which causes us to get more lol. One of the most horrible anx circles in my opinion! I think maybe you should go to the doctors for reassurance if nothing else. If you leave it you'll continue to worry about it which would lead to more missed beats for you and more anxiety! I hope you feel better soon :) xxx

Ella_Jayne
13-09-10, 14:36
I get missed beats too and they are awful. It's probably due to the caffeine you had. Everytime I have caffeine my heart skips beats, it happened to me the other day when I had Pepsi. I get them sometimes when I bend over too. Like you I've had a lot of tests, ECHO, holter monitor, ECG's, x-rays, bloods... and everything came back normal but I know how hard it is not to worry about them. It's a scary feeling that is gone as quick at it comes but leaves worry lingering in your mind.

Go to your doctor and have a chat with him/her just to make yourself feel better. :)

Maj
13-09-10, 19:20
Yes,they are horrible things and yes, it's probably anxiety. You should speak to your doctor though because until you do then you'll only wind yourself up!! We've all been there!! I bet it's anxiety but best to be reassured. :hugs:

countrygirl
13-09-10, 19:25
I've had them every day for over 20 years - maybe this is a record! I have 24 ecg every 3-5 years for my reassurance but have been told over and over again they are harmless but horrible which sums them up perfectly.
On good days I only notice them maybe 3 or 4 times a day but bad times every 3rd beat is a missed one and this can go on for days or weeks and everytime I worry.
A cardiologist said to me that only anxious people feel missed beats and if a patient without heart disease does not mention them then neither do the Drs as they are of no consequence to the cardiologists.

potts1
14-09-10, 19:33
Hi all just to let you know went to doctors and heart rate was very fast 150 ppm she did a ecg which was ok about from being fast 133ppm she left me a hour in waiting room then took my pulse again it was 104 eventually it went to 86 and she let me go home !! then this morning i woke up feeling sick and tearfully had a really tearfully morning so my mum took me back to doctors how said heart rate was 100pm and blood pressure was good !! but she gave me beta blockers one a day she said my hearts ok its just to keep me calm does anyone eles have beta blockers ?? my heary has now decided to do its missing beat thing again anyone eles gets this its happened abput 10 times in the last 30 mins ??
thanks

PokerFace
14-09-10, 20:30
Ohh that must have been very stressful for you! I'm on beta blockers 10mg of propranolol 3 times a day cuz I get a fast heart too. It makes me less able to feel my heart and it doesn't go mental all the time anymore. It used to go mad fast even if I walked up the stairs but the beta blockers have calmed it! You're probably getting so many missed beats because you got so stressed the other day. If there was anything wrong with your heart it would have been picked up on the ECG when you had it done. Try to calm down and push it out your head, I know missed beats and fast heart rates are horrible but you're gonna be ok. :) xx

potts1
20-09-10, 13:11
Hi guys just to let you know the doctor has changed my beta blockers to propandol 10mg upto 6 times a day !!! because my heart is missing beats left right and centre i sometimes get pain (not usually ) and a tingling in my arms when i get them ,im not sleeping right and when i wake in the night my heart goes again and i sweat so bad i feel like i have had a shower does anyone eles get this ??? thanks

PokerFace
20-09-10, 16:14
Hey again potts! Don't worry about him upping your dosage, my doctor told me to take 6 a day if I didn't feel 30mg was working. I get pain and tingling in my arms nearly every time I get a missed beat, I think it's cuz I automatically panic. Sweating is a part of anxiety especially cuz you're so worried and wound up at the moment. I get it too. xx

potts1
20-09-10, 19:04
Thank you poker face x