PDA

View Full Version : Nausea

Jenny85
13-09-10, 12:24
Does anyone have any tips on dealing with nausea caused by anxiety? It's really getting me down. I wish I understood the physiological reasons for it a bit better.

MidnightCalm
13-09-10, 12:31
It's getting me down a lot at the moment too although I did just start a new med but I get it anyway, does yours come on without reason sometimes aswel, just like a drop in the belly and then a horrible feeling in the throat or is yours just with the anxiety thoughts and that?
I drink a pint of water and try and walk it off.x

Jenny85
13-09-10, 12:39
Hi Midnight Calm, thanks for replying...sorry to hear it's getting you down too. If my anxiety gets really bad, I can be nauseous for days on end, but generally it surfaces with anxious thoughts. Thankfully this time round, it eases off a bit as the day goes on, but in the morning I'm a no-hoper. I'm so anxious at the moment because I keep waking up really, really early and can't get any rest, so early morning is when it's worst.

I hope you're getting on alright today...:)

MiniatureDisasters
18-09-10, 05:11
Hi Jenny, I get the nausea too, especially in the morning (and at the moment). It's horrible, I get bad thoughts which cause nausea, but also, when I get nausea it triggers the bad thought in my brain and make me feel anxious and so the circle continues.

Concentrating on my breathing helps me, just closing my eyes and slowly breathing in and out, maybe slowly counting to 4 as I do it. It doesn't always make it go away completely but when you focus only on the breathing sometimes it blocks everything else out.