PDA

View Full Version : The awaiting results anxiety....

Neen
13-09-10, 22:26
Why o why is the waiting so hard. It took so much courage to phone my docs today for my MRI results - only to be told they're not there yet. So everyday this week I'll have to call and get myself in a state......

My throat is going nuts. Feels like sandpaper, excess mucus, lump, hard to swallow, feels really thick, weird sensation in chest when I swallow. There are so many symptoms I feel in my chest I don't know where to begin!

I'm so scared regarding the results. It's eating me up. All I can think of is cancer. I'm convinced..... Sorry for waffling just really worried.

Neen xx

diane07
13-09-10, 22:33
Well i have exactly the same symptoms as you, have you read the symptoms page here, it describes exactly what i have.

I have coughed so much to try and clear my throat today from the lump feeling and the excess mucus that it actually now feels someone has sandpapered my throat.

Its horrible and i know exactly how you feel.

di xx

LisaLisa
14-09-10, 10:25
Hi Neen

I found out lots of times becuase of health anxiety how powerfull our minds are. I had a whole tonne of symptoms just like you when i thought I had the symptoms of thyroid cancer. I went reading after my dr made an off the cuff remark that 'maybe i had thyroid cancer' becuase i had exasperated him so much about hiv. From then on i was so convinced. It got really bad when I read about anaplastic thyroid cancer that kills very quickly and grows super quick. I sat for weeks frozen in terror 'feeling' a whole manner of things and sensations in my throat that I totally 100% beleived ( and im not a freak i promise!) were not there before and were real. However i found out over time and can 100% say now that they are not there , were not there and were 100% cuased by health anxiety focussing the full power of my anxiety and attention on totally normall body sensations and amplifying them both emotional and sensationally.

It was a valuable insight into my health anxiety problem, it comforts me a lot now when i start to go off on one to remember all those 'symptoms' and sensations and how they seemed to just 'go'!! especially after my thyroid ultrasound ( requested by me )where the guy thought i was a bit odd I think!!

My 'symptoms where feeling like food would go down my throat and like it was closing up. I could feel strange sensations when i swallowed liquid as well. I started to put two and two together with loads of things like dry mouth and come up with two thousand.....i felt like it was getting worse everyday. I felt every mouthfull of food sliding down into my stomach and beleived that it was delayed becuase it was getting stuck on the thyroid 'tumour' becuase it was so big........honestly its was crazy looking back

Lisa
xxxxx:hugs::hugs:

filigree
09-10-10, 20:30
Hi Neen,

Just wondered how your MRI turned out because I have exactly the same symptoms as you with weird chest aches and neck aches and all sorts of things - but mostly this throat tightness and sore voice...

I've had HA for over twenty years and I keep telling myself that the most likely cause of my symptoms is anxiety.. this can sometimes work as a strategy.. but this time I am having a really full on HA attack and can't stop worrying about cancer.