PDA

View Full Version : middle and upper back aches

Electric Blue
14-09-10, 03:04
Hi all,

Me again, just hoping someone may be able to share their experiences.

I've been under a lot of stress and pain (mostly self inflicted though, I think too much) anyways, for the last 4 weeks I've had panic attacks and OCD thoughts which have basically affected my sleep, social life and appetite.

However, thankfully things are picking up again, and my normal appetite has returned and so has the normal sleeping pattern.

Now, I've got mild middle and upper back aches. I know I was in major panic mode for quite a few weeks....so my question is...can putting your body under such pain for such a long period cause it to react in aches and pains?

I was also getting mild chest pains when having my panic attacks.

I saw my GP last night, but she didn't even seem slightly concerned. I was in and out in 2 minutes.

Experiences and advice appreciated.

Electric Blue

s11fyx
14-09-10, 08:14
i constantly ache from my panic attacks and being anixious i hold me self so tight

i find a nice warn bath oir shower every night before bed shower is good as you can fix the shower head to point to your back

then give your back a good rub if its acheing alot heat rub helps or a lavender cream

hot and cold compress also help to they reduce the swelling

i try do these every nighjt my back hurts but this always helps

the pain in your chest will be muscle to if you look on a picture of all your muscles there all linked if the top of your back hurts then usually your chest will to

hope this helps x

j2
15-09-10, 05:20
I get the upper and mid back pain frequently when I am in full on panic mode for several days. It is just your muscles aching from the tension. This normal and it will be better after you have calmed down for a bit. Good luck

blueangel
15-09-10, 09:58
I get sore spots all over my back when I'm really anxious. They seem to be areas where the muscles have just gone into spasm and they're painful to the touch, and there can be anything from just 1 or 2, to 6 or more at once. My partner very kindly massages them for me, which helps a lot.

I also get dreadful problems with my shoulders; if I don't watch myself, I hunch them up terribly (I just even caught myself doing it now as I type) and that also gets very painful and will cause all sorts of muscle pains.