PDA

View Full Version : Having ultrasounds on both breasts - hate this

busybeingmum
14-09-10, 10:42
I am sooooo depressed right now. I have had bad HA for 2 years and the last 8 months have been around my left breast. It is more tender than the right and lumpy (both breasts are). I saw a great GP in Dorset 5 times over the past few 8 months. Each time was "yes you have lumpy breasts but no need to worry". I had a final check before moving to Germany 2 months ago.

The mild pain has been worrying me again so I went to see a new doctor yesterday (she is army). She had a really long feel of both breasts and said I have "diffuse non-specific lumpiness". She has arranged for me to have an ultrasound on both breasts on Friday. She said both breast felt the same which was good but was worried about the pain in my left breast.

I am terrified and sooooo lonely. Have 2 small children to look after and hubby away soon. I am in the same place I was in 2 years ago when my HA started. I then had a biopsy (benign) for a lump in my right breast.

God I am scared......

JaneS
14-09-10, 10:47
Hi there,
I know exactly how you feel - I am in the same boat having just had asperation of a lump on my right breast yesterday which they thought might be a cyst till they tried to drain it. I don't get my results till next Monday and am feeling anxious like you, especially as the oval lump now appears to have a notch in it!
I don't know if this helps you at all - but it is comforting to know that you are not the only one going through this kind of torment.

busybeingmum
14-09-10, 11:07
Hi Jane
Sorry to hear you are going through such worry. It is soooo awful isn't it? I hated my aspiration 2 years ago. I was breastfeeding at the time so assumed it was blocked milk duct but the consultant got all worried and did a biopsy with my poor breast full of milk! I then developed a terrible infection and ended up in hospital for 5 days. After all that worry, lump was benign. Fingers crossed your will be too. It is the pits being a woman!!!!
The only suggestion I can make to you is to be busy until Monday. Today is particularly bad as it is quiet where we are housed in Germany and it is wet and windy outside. Because i am so anxious I am finding it hard to deal with ther kids.
Big hugs to you. Carly xxxx

JaneS
14-09-10, 12:00
I know the feeling - I am so snappy with the kids and just can't cope with them. I just want this anxiety to all go away.