PDA

View Full Version : Music for anxiety

ellie_C_mason1990
14-09-10, 11:01
hey everyone
i am looking for some music to listen to help me during times when my anxiety is really bad.

is there any really beautiful music that you guys listen to/or angry, sad music that is easy to relate to?

xxx

Heaven_Scent
14-09-10, 12:22
I like listening to chilled out trance but any kind of trance makes me smile. Massive Attack and Morcheeba are always a good bet too.

Xx

Chem
14-09-10, 12:25
Try looking online or in the nmp shop for relaxation tapes. I love pan pipes too.

shorty1969
14-09-10, 12:37
I like to listen to music that holds good memories for me , mostly back from the early 90s dance seen . :) I find dance music to be quite uplifting sometimes .,., Last year i went to las vegas ( believe me i was a total wreck at the thought of the whole thing ) I can honestly say my i pod and a little help from diazepam helped big time , the whole journey there and back i had it up full with good up beat dance music belting in my ears .,.,,.,.,

ellie_C_mason1990
14-09-10, 13:34
yeah i have been downloading 1990s dance music has been helpful so far! and was thinking about massive attack, will def give it a go and look at the NMP page. thanks!

Fly away Katie
14-09-10, 13:38
I love Panpipes :) But yeshh, Massive Attack are great to lie down and just breathe to x x x x:)

paula lynne
14-09-10, 13:40
Albatross fleetwood mac...the beat is so much slower than heartbeat, it never fails to calm me.x

Hazel B
14-09-10, 14:47
Hi, I have just ordered Enya, Georgian chant and choral music. I'm not religious but find some of the church stuff relaxing.
My usual music is metal, but I can't cope with it at the moment as I'm anxious!

unspoken
14-09-10, 15:48
Sigur Ros - Hoppipola is a song that I find really relaxing and quite uplifting.

Some Doves songs, like M62 Song, Pounding and (the appropriately named) There Goes The Fear can make me feel calmer and better.

Also maybe some Death Cab for Cutie, like Marching Bands Of Manhattan, Transatlanticism.

Bloc Party - So Here We Are

Music helps me a lot with my anxiety. I always play music when I'm going places and it makes me less nervous.

Jaco45er
14-09-10, 15:55
The manics, the foo fighters, Skunk Anansie, audioslave, nickelback, Nirvana and any punk.

Oh did you say when anxious? well not of that then, it would have to be Marillion, Pink Floyd, Paolo Nutini, The Waterboys, Evanesence, Clannad do name a few