PDA

View Full Version : have to walk back and forth.

willy
02-03-06, 14:54
hi all!

everytime i walk out of the store i work in, im hit with this panic and insecure feeling, it happens just as walk out of the store. i usuallly keep walking a few metres and then i have to turn around and walk back the other way. this makes me feel a little calmer.

this really does my head in sometimes. it can get me real down.

should i keep walking when i come out of the store and just put up with the anxiety and insecure feeling??

it makes me embarassed aswell.

willy

Chardonay
03-03-06, 21:40
Hi Willy,

I have a similar problem,mine is with twigs leaves and things on the ground.
I know I have not touched it but like you have to go back again.
It is to reasure yourself that it was what you thought it was.

Tall dark and mysterious was his name,
magic love and money was his game.

Beauty is a real thing, not just a reflection in the mirror

mum2four
15-04-06, 09:29
I have been pacing with anxiety for years behide closed doors but recently been able to pace in public setting. I went to center the other day and I ended up going in to coles 6 time in one day on thursday I had my kids and legitimate reasons. I know the feeling of walking out of shop and feeling the need to go back in I never been able to make my self go back in fear of looking stupid but I walk away feeling I should go back and I think I sometime find real reason to give in to my compulsion's.

Two heads
23-04-06, 20:46
I suffered terrible ocd asa child and just one of the things i used to do was,if i walk round the block when playing man hut i had to walk back the same way!As you can imagine i couldet play very well becos of this.In fact it messed up my childhood.I could tell you about many things i used to do but we would be here all night.xxx