PDA

View Full Version : hello...

Lilyblue
14-09-10, 19:59
im 25 and have had anxiety disorder for 10 months, cant even leave house to go town on my own, no one seems to understand what im going thru, just wish i could get better and go back to work,
i was put on mirtazepine for 10 months, had bad side affects, weight gain- (which was good for me but only went on tummy), weird dreams and anxiety,
stopped med 2 weeks ago as got to go on venlafaxine, i feel less anxious but feel weird, i have now got bad acid reflux pain, which i don't know if is a withdrawl symptom, wonder if stress could of caused it, even to don't really feel stressed, i have lost weight and get bad headaches, goin docs 2mar,

i till aint started venlafaxine yet, i dread side affects and want my acid pain to go first, ive suffered from acid pain for 4 yrs on and off.
also i take diazepam if have to go anywhere anxious, and it works wonders,
just need someone to talk to, hate being like this, the symptoms i get are horrible, my stomach wants to explode and have to hold it in, also dry mouth and shakes, i miss my old life, and i just wish i knew how this started, one day i was fine working, the next day i woke up with the shakes and broke down (panicked,cryed) outside doctors, since that day i couldnt go out on own.:weep:

nomorepanic
14-09-10, 20:00
Hi clareblue

A huge warm welcome to nmp.

You'll get loads of advice and support here and make some lovely friends along the way.

Best wishes

chezpaul
14-09-10, 20:10
hi clareblue. when i first went on medication i thought that it would work simply because that's what i was prescribed. i found out over time that it's "horses for courses" as my gp said and what will work for one person may not work for another.
venlafaxine was the one that sorted me out but it's not without its side effects. it does have the bonus of being successful in 50% of people who have not responded to other ssris.
don't worry about the side effects - the worst ones come at the beginning and at the end of treatment. so you have at least six months (depending on how long you need to stay on it) of feeling good and repairing your mind.

Vanilla Sky
14-09-10, 21:22
Hi and welcome to NMP :welcome:
Paige x

Kerry B
14-09-10, 22:05
Hi and welcome hope you find this site as usaul as I have found it, its been a life saver to me and I have met goods friends along the way

paula lynne
14-09-10, 22:10
Hi and welcome :welcome: Im agoraphobic (10yrs) and struggle going out, dont take any meds tho, just for bp and cholesterol. I hope you find the info useful as I did, read the threads on your left...and Im sure youll make lots of good friends here, really good to know you. x:)

dancer33
15-09-10, 00:51
Hi, I am 57 years old... children all grown up and flown the nest, married 38 years to a wonderful and understanding husband who has put up with all my emotional and panicky reactions to certain situations. Most of these due to numerous family problems... I have panic attacks on an off for about 18 years nows, I have realised that these are linked to certain places that bring back sad and unhappy memories and feel that I might have to face these all over again... even writing this I can feel my chest tightening up and I am holding you breath just thinking about it.

I hit a crisis point almost three months ago and went to see my GP who was so understanding, listening to my symptons (not all my past history of family problems which was what I was expecting), did all the usual blood tests which were negative and eventually put me on Citalopram 20gr. for depression and help my PA. The first one I took I just sat and looked at it for ages, terrified that I was going to have a bad reaction..then I thought this is stupid I went for help and this could be it... apart from the side effects of nausea, lack of apetite, the shakes for two weeks, and gasping for air and sleeplessness and dying to have a nap during the day, and the total lack of motivation for doing anything, not wanting to go out and face anything that would trigger a PA, anxiety etc. It is fine! Now I rarely feely sick, ALL my aches and pains I had which I thought was fybromyalgia, have gone! I still have the anxiety attacks and I am aware of what can cause the panic attacks so I am prepared and try to change my thoughts and try to sit them out as long as I possibly can, if the feelings inside are too overwhelming then I remove myself for the situation asap, but each time I face it a bit longer I feel so good... I know the medication is helping but also know I am not completely better as I am also suffering from depression and that wont go away just like that..

The problem is though that I can be thinking of Nothing and start to feel low and down for no apparent reason which in itself can cause an attack as I think I am getting better and it is a shock to think I am not totally right when I thought I was. Its like a viscious circle.

Inspires
15-09-10, 01:20
Hi sweetie, welcome to this friendly forum...

You'll find lots of help here, from people who are experiencing the same, or similar symptoms as yourself.

I'm a comparatively newbie...and my personal info is very much like yours'

Please feel free to PM me at any time...

Take care,

Sue x. :flowers:

Bellakins
15-09-10, 10:21
Welcome! :) x