PDA

View Full Version : advice!!!!

becks xxx
14-09-10, 22:39
Hi guys, just quickly im really freaking out
it's the week before my period and i always seem to be a lot worse, however this month it's just unbearable and im worried i have bipolar disorder or something?!?!! :( :'(
Everyday my moods have been up and down, but not like normal with good days and bad days this is in one day- 1 minute im feeling quite down thinking i cant handle this anymore, it's too hard, but the next minute i sort of snap out of it and think right ur being stupid, but feel sort of blunt but can laugh around a bit too?!
I'm so scared, is this just mood swings or could it be really bad like bipolar? Pls someone reply xxx

paula lynne
14-09-10, 22:48
Hi sounds like very bad mood swing my love After years of suffering I was diagnosed with oestrogen dominance, which makes me a bitch, worsens my anxiety and panic, I drink more, take too many co=codamol...sleep all the time, well after 3 monthes on the progesterone only pill Im feeling much more "level". Maybe have a chat with your gp as soon as you can. Severe pmt is very disabling, but there is a lot you can do, please see your gp. Hope you can calm down a little, and you feel better tomorrow. x:hugs:

becks xxx
14-09-10, 22:54
Oh i really hope it is! I've had anxiety for ages, but bad for nearly a year now, so surely if it was anything worse it would have been spotted now, right?
Ah, im glad your feeling more level!! :) hopefully will stay that way for you now
I've agreed to start medication soon, which me and my counsellor discussed as we agreed it would help take the edge off of my bad days and help me through this week i get every month as i cant ever push myself to do anything..
do you think i should go ahead with the meds, or speak to my actual gp about just getting something to take that week eevry month or maybe even the pill? x

Rous
14-09-10, 22:59
Hi Becks,

I can only tell ye from my own experience about bi-polar, a while back when I was seeing the psych she considered me to be bi-polar because my emotions were continually changing up & down like every hour or even less, one min I cud be fine laughing & smiling at the TV and the next my face & mood would just drop considerably, like I wanted the world to just stop and end, then shortly after I cud be smiling and giggling again. :blush:

My changes were happening all the time throughout the day and everyday, it'd been going on for months, every day, non-stop, the psych had me in Dykebar, the local mental hospital here, for evaluation and that's when they told me about maybe being bi-polar. :unsure:

I'm still like that but not as bad, I know my depression & moods are due to the chronic nerve pain I suffer 24/7 amongst other things. :blush:

Does it go like that for you becks, every day throughout the month like I was, or just prior & druring yer period?
If it's only for they days and yer fine the rest of the month wae no sudden mood changes then I reckon like Paula says it's very bad mood swings.

I hope yer GP can help ye out Becks. :unsure:

Take care & be safe. :hugs:

paula lynne
14-09-10, 23:00
Hi again becks, yes, go with the meds. In the meantime, can I suggest you have a look at severe pmt website, and see if it rings any bells with you love? (apart from the progesterone only pill, vit b complex has helped me too). let me know ok xx:hugs::hugs:

becks xxx
14-09-10, 23:01
Hiya! no, with me i have my good days and bad days, these up and down moments are just in the days before my period is due, hope your alright and got it under control rousel x

paula lynne
14-09-10, 23:09
Try the web, google severe pre-menstrual tension. x:hugs: but DONT worry too much...haha thats easier said than done hunny isnt it. x

Rous
14-09-10, 23:23
Ah Becks, I'm glad yer weren't like me, I'm ok now wae the new pain doc I have, first time I saw him he said, fix the pain first then the head later, and it worked, the gabapentin really helped & I calmed down a lot tho I still have off days, actually a lot of off days but much more managable ones. :blush:

I'm really glad it doesn't look like yer bi-polar becks, I hope ye get yersel sorted & back to a reasonably normal routine. :bighug1:

Take care & be safe.