PDA

View Full Version : diets???

kerrie23
14-09-10, 22:48
hi all,
just wondering if any one has any advice about any good diets or what food they avoid?
unfortunately i'm a bit of a chocoholic!!(i know very bad) but i cant seem to help but crave sugar, i cant fill myself up on the healthy stuff but i know i would be much better with a diet or food plan, has any one tried any that they could recommend?? or does any one have the same thing?
i work with fruit and veg throughout the day and i do pick at bits but its just not the same satisfaction as a chocolate bar, does any one know what i mean?:blush:

heavenly
15-09-10, 08:21
hi all,
just wondering if any one has any advice about any good diets or what food they avoid?
unfortunately i'm a bit of a chocoholic!!(i know very bad) but i cant seem to help but crave sugar, i cant fill myself up on the healthy stuff but i know i would be much better with a diet or food plan, has any one tried any that they could recommend?? or does any one have the same thing?
i work with fruit and veg throughout the day and i do pick at bits but its just not the same satisfaction as a chocolate bar, does any one know what i mean?:blush:

Totally know what you mean, I adore chocolate. :blush: Its been about a month since I have been suffering from panic and anxiety attacks and I am totally jigging up my diet. I am a caffeine free zone now, lots of fruit and veg, organic stuff and yes, I still do have choccie, but small amounts. And yes I know, alternatives are never the same. I love liquorice, I buy the natural stuff from the health food shop and chomp on a bar of that, if my sweet tooth is shouting at me.

nanny
15-09-10, 09:53
I know this sounds boring but the only sure way to lose weight is to count calories!
I done this years ago and lost 3 stone, I ate what i wanted as long as i stuck to the daily calorie allowance. I even had the odd choccie bar and crisps, it can be done:)
Good luck x

kerrie23
15-09-10, 17:02
Thank you for your replies nice to know im not the only one :)
Im not fussed about loosing weight just want to cut out the sugar foods, there are lots of what you cant eat but what about tasty food we can eat??:shrug:

silenticecream
15-09-10, 18:52
I know this sounds boring but the only sure way to lose weight is to count calories!
I done this years ago and lost 3 stone, I ate what i wanted as long as i stuck to the daily calorie allowance. I even had the odd choccie bar and crisps, it can be done:)
Good luck x

This. I sometimes wish that my anxiety would induce a loss of appetite, but it ain't happening! Ive suffered from bulimia for a long time, and I found that Im probably more vigilant than most people when it comes to food. I dont stockpile sweet stuff, 'cos it doesnt remain stockpiled for long. I eat lots of lindt dark chocolate (85%), its more intense and satisfying :ohmy:, and I find that a couple of pieces a day does more for me than a couple of Drifters etc. Also, I eat a lot of ice lollies- a solero is damn nice and has about 100 calories, small tub of ice cream, about the same.

Dont feel like you have to exclude the stuff you love from your diet- why make yourself miserable when a little of what you like is good for you?

Ambers
15-09-10, 19:28
May I ask...
Is this a question about trying to control anxiety/PA by improving diet or a case of just wanting to lose weight? The weight stuff I would probably agree with Nanny. For me I need to put on a bit of weight but I want to do it in a way that will improve my mental state. I have read lots on the benefits of food on your mental health and which foods to avoid.
I used to eat lots of 'sweets' especially Haribo's - I had them in my car, at the office, and generally would get through a bag per day. I may have an addictive personality as these replaced cigerattes (gave up to have children). Since my PA got worse I gave them up (actually I pretty much stopped eating). I feel so much better within myself and now have got addicted to 'berries' - strawberries, blackberries, blueberries - I get a natural high once I have eaten them.
I have a veggie diet, although recently I have started to eat fish after reading the benefits it has on the brain (I need all the help at the mo) Magnesium and Zinc have also been recommended to me by various sources (including a lovely member on here) and my doctor today! I am just about the start these tabs. I do believe that by having a healthy diet and maintaining a healthy lifestyle really helps - but a little bit of what you fancy can also make you feel good - so treat yourself every so often. My treat at the moment is liquoish - Mmmmm and full of Iron. I will keep an eye on this thread as I will try any other good foods that may help to chase the 'black dogs itch' away x

heavenly
16-09-10, 09:52
I do believe that by having a healthy diet and maintaining a healthy lifestyle really helps - but a little bit of what you fancy can also make you feel good - so treat yourself every so often. My treat at the moment is liquoish - Mmmmm and full of Iron.

I will keep an eye on this thread as I will try any other good foods that may help to chase the 'black dogs itch' away x

Coincidence, that is what I said was my thing at the mo. Yum. :D

I agree about diet and lifestyle being really helpful. We are having more and more organic stuff and cutting out processed food and cr*p basically.

sb001f8994
16-09-10, 14:24
Hi,
I follow weight watchers where you can still have the little naughties and not feel guilty as you just add up your points and once you've reached your total amount thats it. You couldnt eat three mars bars (18 points) coz that would be silly!!! I do like my biscuits or maybe a funsize or two. Im lucky Im not a crisp and snack lover and have not eaten chocolate for eighteen months now, I gave that up as it seemed to make my palps worse but I do so miss it!
Take care,

KATYB
16-09-10, 19:58
I too am a total chocoholic, I do weight watchers and have lost 3 stone this last year, I still eat chocolate, not much but I often allow myself a little one like a fun/treat size bar.

I also like Nature Valley crunchy Honey and oat bars which I find quite filling and sweet enough to satisfy.

olderfella
16-09-10, 21:22
Hi guys i would be very interested in any diet info to help my mental health,i exercise 6days aweek as im into bodybuilding and eat a reasonable clean diet,i do however eat a lot of canned tuna but have been told today on a bodybuilding forum that excess tuna and omega 3 fish oils can actualy increase anxiety does anyone know if this is true?:unsure: i try to avoid processed sugars and wonder if things like the sweetener splenda which is actualy made from sugar can add to my anxiety,i have read that aspartame can increase anxiety,any help at all would be very greatfully recieved thanks:)
R

paula lynne
16-09-10, 23:47
wow..I read today that aspartamine is contraindicated for people with anxiety. Also that people with anx should eat every 2-3hrs, or levels? drop, and adrenaline kicks in causing...panic yep. Tuna..well..too much of ANYTHING is bad they say, maybe ask your trainer for alternative fish to eat. You sound like you take great care of yourself, and Im sure the excersize helps get rid of some of that nasty adrenaline...well done to you.

paula lynne
16-09-10, 23:53
oh, it is the right thread..Im TIRED...gnight all!:doh::doh::doh: