PDA

View Full Version : Heart and breathing problems...

ross_m
02-03-06, 17:57
Hey all, have been doing really well recently and for the past few weeks have been really able to enjoy myself again, but the past few days i've been looking after my parents house in the middle of nowhere while they are on holidayand I think my mind is starting to run away with itself again! I keep getting a strange pressure feeling on the left side of my chest, and sometimes a slight pain, and i become breathless after just slight excersice, like walking upstairs. After slight excercise my heart starts thumping as well and when i lie down i feel breathless for a while. This seems to happen all day, but when i wake up first thing in the morning i feel fine for a few hours. I keep thinking that i'm going to die of heart failure coz i stupidly got a slight case of 'googleitis' (as someone called it on here before, lol) and read up some stuff on heart failure that seemed to match what i was going through :(

jackie
02-03-06, 18:47
ross i never get breathless. yet i am today. have chest pain an dfeel nervy and shaky. nurse says it is nothing but i am not sure. do you almost feel like it is your last breath. im not panting just laboured in my breathing
jackie

ross_m
02-03-06, 18:51
I'm not panting either, just feel hard to breath and as though my body is going to stop breathing. The feeling comes and goes, i find if i do something and forget about it im fine, then when i think about it it comes back. My heart rate is irregular, sometimes fast, sometimes slow, sometimes normal, dunno if this is an anxiety symptom or not. I've also been finding it really hard to get to sleep the last few days and found myself only being able to sleep if i have the tv on and am sleeping on the sofa in the living room, although this could have something to do with being in this big house by myself! I find that if i have a nice long shower then the feeling will go away for a good few hours, but i've had so many long showers that it can't be good for my skin!

jackie
02-03-06, 20:17
i have not slept with this even though i am a good sleeper an dmy heart rate is all wrong. i went to a famous herbalist tonite( planned 2 months ago) and told him about the breathing and about my fears. he said it was nothing and that my heart rate was fine. have you ate well or not the last few days. i have not ate really and feel sick as i breath out , just wondered if the food thing had anything to do with it

sometimes it goes but not for long. cant believe it is not a clot

fear is a terrible thing but what if they have got it wrong this time, i have 5 kids to leave
jackie

Meg
02-03-06, 23:15
**I think my mind is starting to run away with itself again! **

THink you're right.

Well done for doing so well recently

Stop googling and get busy doing productive stuff and chatting and some distraction. Being isolated invariably brings on some anx symptoms.

Meg
www.anxietymanagementltd.com

Your anxiety is the human representation of the pictures that you paint using your many vivid colours of revolving and reoccurring thoughts.
How big is your gallery ?

ross_m
02-03-06, 23:18
Thanks for the help guys, feeling a lot better now, got my mind off things, having a few drinks, listening to music and chatting to people! Thanks for all your help =)

ross_m
04-03-06, 01:36
Thought i was over this, but i still get really breathless when i lie down, does anyone else get this?

Farr06
04-03-06, 17:25
Ross, for about 3 weeks I've had a breathlessness when I lie down and a strange feeling on the right and sometimes middle of chest like theres a big bubble in it. I also wheeze when I breathe out when I lie down, so of course I thought it was a heart block, arrythmia, asthma etc all at once. GP said not to worry about it, probably getting a cough

Anxiety Is Evil

ashley
06-03-06, 11:09
OH AND ALONG CAME ASHLEY

What you get ross,farr/and jack you know me... i get all of that.. Plus nasty eptopic beats ... like you hay jack... and jack i think like you with my kids - i know i have only 2 compared to your tribe, but its the same ....i think what would they do without me-im all they have ... i so wish i had someone here with me until this at least passed ..if it does i had a good cry this morning , coz last night was a bad night for me, heaps and heaps of eptopic beats.. then when i laid down my breathing felt differcult, so i got up and done something again... was ok when i was doing things but im tired of that i want to rest because i am so so tired and weak... but as soon as i do... yep there ya f***Ing go(sorry to swear meg or nicola if ya watching hehehe didnt fully swear)
it makes me angry too, because i so want to get better and im doing so much to make my self better , oviously i could do more -

when will all this stop for all of us xxx

ash x

jackie
06-03-06, 15:18
ASH YOU ARE NOT ALONE. STILL NOT BREATHING PROPERLY.

IS IT POSSIBLE TO BE HYPERVENTILATING AND NOT KNOW IT

NICOLA? MEG?

I THINK YOU MAY BE RIGHT ABOUT IT BUT MY DOC ISNT CONVINCED ABOUT SENDING ME TO THESE BREATHING EXPERTS. I SOOO WANT HIM TO
JACKIE