PDA

View Full Version : Avril Ehrlich

Avril Ehrlich
15-09-10, 11:55
Hi

I have just joined today. I am at present suffering from IBS and extreme health anxiety. I also have harm/death obsessions intermittently.

I have been taking Paroxetine 20-30mg for past 15 years and I normally feel great, with a full and active life. I have gas/bloat syndrome form of IBS which comes and goes. Recently, I have been suffering from indigestion and fullness too. I recently had a course of metronidazole for a gum infection and over the past few days I have been feeling sick, have lost my appetite and keep needing the toilet.

As I had ovarian cancer back in 1995, this keeps bringing back hideous memories although I was successfully treated and have check-ups every 6 months.

I am am being referred to a gastroenterologist just to be on the safe side and also a mental health practitioner to review my meds.

I am sure I will feel better soon - just going through hell at present. Want to meet other sufferers from health anxiety to see how you all cope and to make new friends.

Many thanks.

Avie

paula lynne
15-09-10, 12:05
Hi Avie and a big warm welcome :welcome: Youll find lots of supportive people here and make lots of friends, you arent alone! Glad to know you.xx:)

PokerFace
15-09-10, 12:24
Welcome to NMP, this place is really great. Sounds like you've had a rough time of it latley so no wonder you're stressed! You'll meet lots of other people with the same issues and you'll get a lot of support. I hope you feel better soon xx

MoonlightFire
15-09-10, 12:28
Hi Avril,

Welcome to the forum :) I'm Moonlight. I've suffered from health anxiety mixed with obsessional tendencies since I was 12/13. I am now 29. I have been taking Sertraline for the past 8 years but recently stopped taking it and have had lots of problems since (even though I am now back on it again).

I took Metronidazole a while ago for a gum infection and it made me feel really sick. I was actually sick a few times when I was taking it. It's a very strong anti-biotic and has a tendency to upset your digestive system. What kind of gum infection did you have if you don't mind me asking. I've had a few...my mouth is a real problem area for me especially when I'm stressed :(

I hope you feel lots better really soon. You are very welcome here and we are all here for you :)

Moonlight Xxx