PDA

View Full Version : hiya

karenza
15-09-10, 12:59
hi, im mum to Mitchal who is 16 and has anxiety and panic attacks for over 2 years, he was home schooled from 10, he rarely leaves the house and im finding drs help useless.

nomorepanic
15-09-10, 13:06
Hi karenza

We just wanted to welcome you aboard to NMP. We hope you enjoy your stay here and get all the support and advice you need.

Please take some time to read the website articles on the left as well for loads of advice and tips.

paula lynne
15-09-10, 13:32
Welcome karenza :welcome: glad to know you x:winks:

LiquidSky
16-09-10, 09:23
Hi, welcome to the forum :)

Rous
16-09-10, 12:24
Welcome Karenza. :welcome:

Ye'll find plenty of help & helpful people here. :winks:

Some docs just want to pump yer kid full of meds & hope for the best but you being there for him everyday will do more for him than ye'll ever know. :hugs:

Fly away Katie
16-09-10, 17:22
Helloooo, and welcome to NMP x x x x x x :)

karenza
19-09-10, 08:58
thank you for the welcome, had a bad few days just now

vicky23
19-09-10, 19:43
it must be so hard for you to watch your son go through this and coming on here is a really great thing for you to do, I don't know how much your son confides in you but I could imagine that for a 16 yr old boy it might be hard to open up so maybe reading some other sufferers experiences might help you to understand some of what he's going through which will mean a lot to your son.
Also if he wants to I think it would be good for him to come on here and read through some stuff too, there's some other teens on here and it's very well moderated.
When I was 16 going through bad stuff with OCD my family were so good and supportive, you're obviously very concerned to help him in a productive way and that will make all the difference to his recovery x

karenza
04-11-10, 21:25
thank you